DVDVR Message Board

NHL - 2015/16 - Period 1

Dolfan in NYC

So it's working okay for the soccer forum, so instead of monthlies, we'll have 3 periods (topical!):  Today thru 12/31,  1/1-2/28, and then the home stretch of 3/1 through the end of the season.  

Welcome to the league the brand new expansion team from Brooklyn!

Conor McDavid is the second coming of Christ!  

The Rangers missed their window!    

HOCKEY!

GAME ON!

Unless Lundqvist starts going into an obvious decline, I don't think the window is quite closed on the Rangers.

Tampa should be the favourite in the East, but they are far from unbeatable. Pittsburgh still has no depth, the Canadiens still won't be able to score. The Capitals and Isles (should they change their name since they're no longer on Long Island?) will factor in, but I don't think are leaps and bounds above the Rangers.

Everyone better remember to wish me happy birthday on the last day of period 2.

I am looking forward to Edmonton/Calgary games this year. Some Oilers fans were like "shit they got Dougie Hamilton" and I was like "okay great another person for McDavid to embarrass, cool". Nice to have both teams with a lot of genuinely interesting players again it's been way too long when one team or the other was... well...

Oh, also, very much looking forward to the Canucks being bad. It's gonna hurt, kids. It's gonna hurt really bad.

Yes... Yes, he was. :(

I'm going 50 points for McDavid. Nobody puts up big numbers these days and teams are going to be keying in on him hard. The only thing that has me thinking he'll put up 60+ is that he plays Sbisa so often. Luca just had a beaut' giveaway which directly led to a goal against.

Game one loss for the Oilers but it was, like, a normal loss that happens sometimes and not that embarrassing garbage St. Louis tended to dump on us the last couple years.

No panic, no drama. Shit will be fine.

McDavid vs. Eichel HOT TAEKS are really dumb. Both guys are going to be around a long time, I will enjoy both.

• Like 2

The new replay rule is the fucking stupidest thing in hockey history. Motherfuck it with a barbed wire dildo.

You still bitch that Dallas stole your Cup, make up your mind. You have to give up one or the other.

Fair enough but when you end up always getting shit on by things it's no fun.