DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10/5/15 is pretty bori...HOLY CRPA ITS NEW DAY

piranesi

Summer knows the value of that Bulgarian green card, which is actually not green and is actually a single giant eyebrow attached with permanent marker to your forehead. 

It gets you free health care for "life" given a life expectancy of 28 years and 1000 hours of AOL on 3.5'' floppy.

Note: "3.5'' floppy" is also Summer's pet name for Rusev.  IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLALALALALALALA!!!!

• Like 4

Aside from the Dudleys tag match, I thought Raw tonight was really fun. I never ever would've expected New Day to lay out Cena/Ziggler/Dudleys and stand tall to end the show. I have no idea where they're going to go between now and Rumble muchless now and Mania and it's exciting. I also really hope they go all the way and get to a RuRu/RaeRae wedding. I need to see them planning it, picking China, setting the menu the whole deal. It should be a reality show on the Network.

I hate October in the WWE mostly because their "see, we're not such horrible people" pr machine is going full force with the Komen stuff. If you want to support Komen, that's good for you. Just know only like maybe a dime (if that) of every dollar you donate is gonna go to anything to actually research a cure for cancer. it's nice they give praise to these women who survived and God bless them for being able to. It's just like the NFL. "See, we support Komen...we're not so bad".

Stephanie once again was horrible. She has no character direction other than being...well, you know. It would be great if someone...anyone stood up to her. Just told her to shut up while she was castrating them. I'm honestly sad Xavier didn't do a small little price is right horn after she said that. The person who puts her in her place like The Rock would will become the new mega face they have been craving. They don't have to physically attack her. Just silence her. Just do the Doctor Evil Shhh bit. I'm sure Vince would get that. It should be Dean Ambrose who's the one to tell her SILENCE...but it will probably end up being Roman just cause.

It was great to see Sasha shine in her home town. We all feared she would lose cause thats what they do in home towns. I love Bayley, but I almost want to see Sasha win on Wednesday night.

Ru Ru & Rae Rae will have the greatest wedding disaster ever. But tell me again why we're supposed to hate Rusev? He wants championship gold so he can properlly settle down with his sweet submissive Summer. I'm glad Ziggler is moving out of feuding with him. Give us Rusev/Owens.

It was nice to see New Day close out the show like that. But Cena is supposed to be leaving for a while, right? I guess he loses at HIAC. Lets just hope they actually win against Cena. For them to remain over they need to you know...WIN.

It says something about 2015 WWE when my favorite hot trios team gets a segment with a McMahon and a main event segment where they destroy Cena and instead of being excited about it, all I can think is that the old guard is going to leech off of New Day's heat and kill them dead on every RAW, Smackdown, and PPV for the next month or two.

Dread, that's what I feel. Dread.  

The WCW comparisons for WWE these days are so spot on- you pretty much watch for the midcard, and avoid the main event at all costs.

All we need are more Dragons, Luchadors, and poles.

I want to thank you guys for watching Raw for me. Based on your takes, I can then pick and choose which episodes I want to watch on the network a month from now. Thus far, October sounds like it's off to a skip worthy start.

• Like 2

Liked Natalya/Paige a lot and was surprised to see Natalya get a clean submission win but real good little match. 

I agree. I thought Nattie/Paige was pretty good too. I kept wondering where heel Paige was going. It it leads to a program with Nattie and we get more matches like this, I won't be mad.

I've seen Team BAD vs Team Bella 3 ways before and they have been really good. But this had to be the weakest one. Glad to see Nikki embracing her role as head bitch though and Team BAD continue to be all kinds of awesome together. Please let Nikki's attempted mind games be a fake out.   

• Like 1

Best part of the show for me was we want Sasha chants while the people in the world and tag title programs were in the ring. Big E looked fantastic in the main event, and actually had a match with Cena that wasn't a spotfest.

You all are sleeping on the fact that a hometown wrestler went over  in their match.  That shit never happens. 

Nikki planted the seed for the eventual Team BAD break-up.  Even though I would love to death if Naomi & Tamina would both say, nah, we're absolutely cool with Divas Champ Sasha tapping all the rest of the Divas like they owe her money. 

I was half-excited for the possibility of US Champion(s) New Day, especially with Cena all but certain to drop the strap at HiaC, but then Dolph superkicked Cena, and I was like, Oh...

Nikki planted the seed for the eventual Team BAD break-up.  Even though I would love to death if Naomi & Tamina would both say, nah, we're absolutely cool with Divas Champ Sasha tapping all the rest of the Divas like they owe her money. 

I kept thinking WWE would further cement it by having Naomi intentionally tag Tamina, when she was playing face in peril during the "We Want Sasha" chants. Glad that didn't happen because I'm enjoying Team BAD and could get behind a "let the better woman win" type scenario when it comes to them and the title. 

I could see Tamina being OK with Champion Sasha.  But there would be no motivation for Naomi to accept it for long.  It was just a few months ago that Naomi was cutting promos on how she deserved more of a chance--so now she's going to be cool with someone close to her being champion?  Nope, I can't see it.

One positive to that potential feud--the parties involved will work the angle better than Charlotte/Paige currently have.

Looks like they're doing the slow burn for a Rusev/Lana reunion.  Ziggler wins the US title, Rusev wins it off him, Summer plans their wedding, Lana makes protest at said wedding--preferably while wearing a wedding dress herself--and Rusev stands up Hot Summer to marry Lana on the spot.  Summer cracks, goes over to Ziggler and they plot revenge.  It's the best case scenario for everyone.

Looks like they're doing the slow burn for a Rusev/Lana reunion.  Ziggler wins the US title, Rusev wins it off him, Summer plans their wedding, Lana makes protest at said wedding--preferably while wearing a wedding dress herself--and Rusev stands up Hot Summer to marry Lana on the spot.  Summer cracks, goes over to Ziggler and they plot revenge.  It's the best case scenario for everyone.

Rusev wins the US title, marries both of them and Dolph continues to look like a putz is the best case scenario for everyone.

• Like 2

My concern with the New Day is that they take away what makes them special. They're like the best possible version of a heel Blue World Order right now. Their oddball humor and oblivious annoyingness is spot-on perfect and they're great at the role. Making them SERIOUS BADASSES at the expense of what's gotten them over is great for a story. Cena told them to get serious and now they're cat-toying Ziggler and laying out four dudes at once. I get that.

But they're so incredible with what they do now. They're getting over and a slow face turn to beloved underdogs taking on The Wyatts or whoever would have been great.

Also, in-ring they have such a great chemistry. They have the muscle in Big E. They've got the cagey veteran in Kofi whose offense is mostly kicks and flying type moves. And Xavier is so much smaller than most of the people in the ring that he should be a cheapshot dude who can't back up what he says and eats it from faces after hot tags and the like but is great at holding the legs during pinfalls. That's how they should be (and have been) winning matches -- by bullshit antics and with trumpets at ringside.

I just don't want to see these guys become an ersatz Shield because that's not how they got over. They have a super special thing right now. The WWE put their 17-minute long improv bit on the website and have given them a lot of time to do their goofball act.

Also: Steph BARELY buried those dudes or whatever. She set up their PPV match. They ended up having four dudes in a heap. And those four dudes were the biggest star of the decade, one of the bigger-named babyfaces in Ziggler, and the returning badass legends who are even bigger than Big E. If I was a wrestler, I'd PRAY to get buried like that.

• Like 2