DVDVR Message Board

Raw 10/5/15 is pretty bori...HOLY CRPA ITS NEW DAY

piranesi

This was one of those Raws that refused to end most of the time. I enjoyed some of the Kane-Seth stuff, none of anything involving Steph. Really didn't need her burying New Day, could have done without the patronizing cancer stuff beyond giving airtime to survivors, and I'm glad they gave Sasha a win in her hometown. Main event was a thing - kind of a rise to glory for New Day. Shame it happened on a night where it was made clear the rug could be pulled out from under them at any time.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-raw-10-5-15.html

Screens - 

da229f439422120.jpg 

097fb7439414887.jpg

7da5ed439419749.jpg

762eb4439419751.jpg 

How to Kill an Act in 30 Seconds

866da3439420385.jpg 

#divasrevolution

e0c4d5439418847.jpg  

4255d6439423056.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/936cgyau1753mt3479cav9259g7o82yi

Yeah, shame Ms Super Heel had to castrate New Day before their dominant finish. I'll wait to make sure Cena and the Duds don't obliterate them next week before getting excites that this'll last.

Really didn't need her burying New Day

At the time I also hated it, but after seeing how the main event turned out, I could see it as the spark the New Day needed to become a more serious, vicious team.  We'll see where they go with it, and I have zero faith that the WWE won't screw it up, but I really loved what they did in the main event, and the New Day as a dominant, heel main event stable could be awesome.

Guys, what was the second thing that Sasha put the "Bos" in?  I'm never going to know now that the Bellas interrupted her.  

Maybe Meltzer will fill us in next week?

I think it was "Bosnian war criminal" but I'm guessing it was probably just "bosoms."

• Like 1

I don't really see that segment being a burial, but, man, can we talk about how fucking pointless segments like those are? It's obviously designed for the sole purpose of announcing a match that night OR at a later date. They really need to find a way to freshen up stuff like that, it's getting really boring.

Hopefully this Kane/Rollins match is the end for Kane. Please, lord, let it be the end. While we're talking about people who should retire, what the hell was up with that opening segment and Show interrupting it just to be beaten up by Lesnar, again? Go the fuck away already.

Rusev is a god. New Day as kickass heels is gonna be great. Dolph vs. Cena? I'm all for that, as long as Dolph is a heel, again. 

It seems like they're finally phasing out Big Show (knock on wood, or wood based product). 

Awesome finishing stretch in the opening six man tag. Burial Steph seemed more noticeable than even usual tonight. Great to see Sasha get her hometown victory. Liked Natalya/Paige a lot and was surprised to see Natalya get a clean submission win but real good little match. Figured either Kofi or Dolph was accepting the US Open. Guessing they do something with Dolph/Cena off the accidental superkick. Dolph wins the US then they can go back to the never-ending Dolph/Rusev saga since Rusev is demanding a WWE gold. Disappointed that Rollins/Demon isn't in the Cell. Figured it was a reach with already doing two even though they did three at the first HIAC PPV in 2009. Seemed like it was a perfect fit for Demon Kane's title shot. 

• Like 1

The Stephanie stuff is so counterproductive. The WWE Champion is in the ring trying his best to get some heat only to have Stephanie come out and run him down ( "How dare you make fun of the Patroits!"). This is the second time in such a short while Stephanie has come out for the pure purpose of running down rollins. Can you imagine if Rock, Austin, or Foley had to deal with that back in 1998? No one would have gotten over. The segment with New Day was even worse because again Stephanie cut of their balls and it was crystal clear she only wanted to do something with New Day because they are hot and over. Its sad that this multi-millionaire who has already had 10 years of TV time can't just sit back in the office, collect her check, do her job, make the media appearances, and show up on WWE TV no more than 6 times a  year for the SOLE purpose of making a major announcement and not cut someone's balls off or pretend to be the brain child behind some 'revolution'.

• Like 4

What the hell even is Adam Rose's gimmick? Buzzkillington?

My favorite part of RAW.

From what I gather the Adam Rose new gimmick is that since the WWE destroyed his party he is going to make sure nobody else has fun.   So yeah basically 

It says something about 2015 WWE when my favorite hot trios team gets a segment with a McMahon and a main event segment where they destroy Cena and instead of being excited about it, all I can think is that the old guard is going to leech off of New Day's heat and kill them dead on every RAW, Smackdown, and PPV for the next month or two.

Dread, that's what I feel. Dread.  

• Like 5