DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Basketball 2015-2016

Assassin

IT HAS RETURNED~!

I've renewed the league for another year of fun, excitement, poor drafts, and late season collapses.  I sent out the renew to the 13 teams in the league, but am more than willing to add more.

The current draft day is October 26th at 8:00PM Eastern.  I am also more than willing to change that as well I just wanted to set it up as far in advance as possible to allow the teams to fill-up. 

Currently we are on a rotisserie style unless an even number of teams draft and I would prefer to do H2H, but that's up to everyone else in the league.

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/dvdvrbb2015

If anyone has any suggestions for additional stat categories please feel free to leave them below.

Ew double post but whatever.

If the league is rolling 12 or 13 teams again I think we should cut back the roster spots a little from 15 dudes. Also don't forget about the new Injury List spot.

Thank you for reminding me!  I have said the last two years I was going to cut back on spots but then the draft comes and it's never done.  How many do you think would be a good number?

I was thinking about eliminating the second starting center spot. Going with three on the bench and two for the injury list.

Sounds great to me.

Also since it always seems to happen that life gets in the way of fantasy (gasp!) and some guys can't always schedule their teams, maybe we should cut TO from the scoring list and keep A/T.

My thinking is that the guys who always win the TO category are the guys with almost half of the maximum games played.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great to me.

Also since it always seems to happen that life gets in the way of fantasy (gasp!) and some guys can't always schedule their teams, maybe we should cut TO from the scoring list and keep A/T.

My thinking is that the guys who always win the TO category are the guys with almost half of the maximum games played.

Just a random thought about this

Any league with H2H can be gamed with stats that are percentages

Years ago - Gancarski ruined the DVDVR baseball league by playing guys once and then benching his entire team so he would win all the categories with percentages. 

He also would add/drop 50 guys a week just so guys were constantly on waivers so people couldn't immediately pick up players.

To say the least - that was the last time I ran H2H or had Gancarski in a league