DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

Still dont understand why they dont just use czabans morning show?

Funnily enough - 570 announced that they will air Czaban's yahoo show in the morning now since Mike & Mike went back to 980

Yes - DC has 3 sports stations

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the Twin Cities having two.

Funnily enough - 570 announced that they will air Czaban's yahoo show in the morning now since Mike & Mike went back to 980

2 for the football team, 1 for terps and georgetown.

I'm not sure if that's better or worse than the Twin Cities having two.

Well, it is *two* cities.

*refreshes Bill Simmons twitter so hard his finger goes right through the mouse*  Seriously, though, someone wake him up.

Guys like Lowe, Barnwell, and Keri are going to be alright, but this is going to be real shitty for a lot of the younger writers.

*refreshes Bill Simmons twitter so hard his finger goes right through the mouse*  Seriously, though, someone wake him up.

He has called it "appalling"

To be honest given how the network is nothing but phony debate and one person doing an interview for 10 different talk heads, a site like Grantland seems useless.  ESPN operating Grantland would be like the WWE creating an ECW promotion

Mixed feelings on Grantland. 

They had some great sports writing. I think Zach Lowe is the best sportswriter in the world right now. He has an amazing talent in making the stat nerd stuff human for both the reader and the subject. I really hope he gets to keep his word count alive, as well as his excellent podcast. I also really like Goldsberry a lot who dos a great job with graphics to explain basketball patterns.

They also spent a lot of time and resources on completely worthless garbage. I mean, if you think reality TV is something to spend time contemplating more power to you. But they had a ton of people writing or talking about human garbage in a not-so entertaining format. And they also had the whole Miss V fiasco. They calmed down a bit with my least favorite long-form writing trend of using first-person pro-nouns in feature stories on other humans.

It essentially was a vanity project (the weird dimensions of the outfield wall at Fenway isn't nearly that iconic) to add a high-end appeal to a large media property. The person who started it had a big ego and clashed with a bunch of corporate drones and parted ways. The site wasn't profitable and ended in a very brutal manner. It sucks all the good Grantland did couldn't turn a profit, and talentless goofs like Stephen A. Smith get to retain their world. But Grantland also wasted a lot of its talent on nonsense.

• Like 1

Bill Barnwell can come work for the DVDVR Corporation as Rippa's personal football pundit.

If you all want to foot the bill... Can't Teach Speed is about to motherfucking take off

• Like 4