DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

7 minutes ago, Joe Lucia said:

ESPN and Turner have worked out a deal to let Craig Sager work the sideline for Game 6 of the NBA Finals.

That. Is. Awesome.

Sager has been a pretty big part of my basketball watching life, and I never realized he'd never worked the Finals.  Good for him, and good for ESPN and TNT for giving him this opportunitiy.  

I'm not totally sure if this is the right place for this, but it seemed like the best spot to post it.  Discountmags.com has a Father's Day sale on a few selected "dad" titles, including ESPN the Magazine.  I don't care for the magazine itself, but with a year's subscription to it you get a year of ESPN Insider(you have to activate it on the website using your magazine account number).  Normally Insider runs $30 a year, but with this sale you can get one year for $4.50 or two years for $8.50(you can also lock in the same price for autorenewal if you want).  They have a few other non-sports titles too, but thought if anyone else wanted a deal on ESPN Insider I'd pass it along.

It's fitting that SVP gets to do the burial. To me, SVP has been the best part of ESPN that never gets mentioned because Skip draws so much attention. It felt like SVP saying "good riddance."

On 6/17/2016 at 4:53 PM, odessasteps said:

I have not had insider for more than 5 years but still send me the magazine despite repeated efforts to get them to stop. Talk about a loss leader 

The money isn't in the magazine. Lots of companies will send out free or cheap subscriptions because it pumps up the publication numbers. As a result, more ad revenue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ace said:

The money isn't in the magazine. Lots of companies will send out free or cheap subscriptions because it pumps up the publication numbers. As a result, more ad revenue.

Right. It just aggravates me that i have repeatedly asked for them to stop sending it to me, but they never do. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Right. It just aggravates me that i have repeatedly asked for them to stop sending it to me, but they never do. 

Magazines are like CDs and DVDs to me.  I used to buy so man of them, but then I moved, and I have no need for anything that will require me to spend days packing up and/or throwing away the next time I move.

I didn't catch First Take today.  How insane was Skip?

Also, I know they've been doing it for years, but Mike and Mike shilling Lifelock and other products every time they go to commercial will never not be annoying to me.  You'd think they were Bob and Danny doing a Sunday afternoon shift on a local AM station in West Virginia.

• Like 1

Glad all these folks in Bristol are finally allowed to kill Skip, now that he is no longer a cast member.

Reminds me of how when a player gets traded or leaves as a free agent, all the stories "leak" about what a bad guy/teammate he was. 

I know there was a clip of scott Van Pelt last night who in no certain terms told Bayless to get a new gimmick and fuck off.  I hope all of those other talking heads trying to be the next Skip Bayless realize they are going to receive the same treatment

The ultimate in Bayless trolling this morning was him tweeting that Johnny Manziel will have a bigger career than Lebron James.  

45 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know there was a clip of scott Van Pelt last night who in no certain terms told Bayless to get a new gimmick and fuck off.  I hope all of those other talking heads trying to be the next Skip Bayless realize they are going to receive the same treatment

The ultimate in Bayless trolling this morning was him tweeting that Johnny Manziel will have a bigger career than Lebron James.  

Well, SAS isnt going anywhere and was trolling Curry's wife last week.