DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Maybe he can have Gisele on to talk about the Rio Olympics, totally relevant!

If I had a show and Gisele agreed to come on, she could talk about whatever the hell she wants.  

• Like 1

What if she wanted to talk about how much you disgust her and transitioned that into talking about her new line of bags.

5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What if she wanted to talk about how much you disgust her and transitioned that into talking about her new line of bags.

If she's in studio, I'd allow it.  I'd try to get something good out of the interview, but if she wanted to come on my show I'd put her on my show.

Tirico's gone too?   Jesus.  They were not kidding about cost cutting over there.  I think John Buccigross may be the longest serving ESPN personality when Berman finally gets axed next year. 

Tirico chose to leave, he wasnt canned, likely to be Michaels' heir to snf (maybe he will do thursday game in meantime?)

----

Olbermann was on PuckSoup and told some funny hockey stories today. He was very upset about recent changes in HNIC.

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but Disney just bought 33% of MLB Advanced Media for a reported $3.5 billion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-majorleaguebaseball-stake-walt-disney-idUSKCN0ZG2YF?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FbusinessNews+(Business+News)

The interesting aspect is the partnership WWE has with MLB Advanced Media for streaming the WWE Network.

40 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but Disney just bought 33% of MLB Advanced Media for a reported $3.5 billion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-majorleaguebaseball-stake-walt-disney-idUSKCN0ZG2YF?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FbusinessNews+(Business+News)

The interesting aspect is the partnership WWE has with MLB Advanced Media for streaming the WWE Network.

It's slightly more complicated; MLBAM will eventually be splitting off its streaming tech side into its own company; Disney is buying 33% of that offshoot, not of MLBAM itself...

Once again ESPN doing shit wrong as instead of showing the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest live they decided to show Wimbledon tournament.  I mean I can understand not showing it on ESPN News since we have to talk about the Durant signings but come on you have 5 others that aren't showing shit.  

Don't they understand what day this is.  ;)

On 6/5/2016 at 4:46 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I just hate that Simmons has to constantly tell us he's above reading his twitter mentions. Why would I follow someone who would never reply.

Sorry for dredging this up from a month ago, but I was catching up on this thread. I'm not on twitter, so this is maybe me not understanding how it all works, but if I follow a celebrity, it'd generally be to more easily see the celebrity's content, right? Not because some entitled sense that said celebrity was going to respond to what I had to say to him or her. I get that it's 2016, but that's still an out there notion to me. Is that just common twitter decency or something?

There are/were people in the sports media (prob applies to regular media too) who take pride in not reading their mentions or following no one. 

If i was a woman or ethnic minority (or both) in the media, i dont know if i would read my mentions, given the volume of racist/misogynist messages i would receive.