DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

I didn't think it was possible but Fox Sports 1 is actually turning more douchey than ESPN.  I mean they already took Cowherd, they already have Clay Travis (who made an ass of himself again trying to prove his manhood to men), and now the guy everyone ripped off in Bayless

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I thought Tirico was just creepy towards them and not rapey towards them like Ben

But it has been a long time since I read that book

Yeah, just creepy. 

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

I didn't think it was possible but Fox Sports 1 is actually turning more douchey than ESPN.  I mean they already took Cowherd, they already have Clay Travis (who made an ass of himself again trying to prove his manhood to men), and now the guy everyone ripped off in Bayless

Don't forget Jason Whitlock. If Fox lures away Screaming A. Smith and Mike Ditka it'd be perfect. The only bad decisions that ESPN has made in these cuts are Simmons and maybe Olbermann. 

I tend to think Olbermann was a case of execs counting up how many months his show had been on the air and realizing that there was a high probability things were about to go to hell.  The longer that show went on, the higher the odds that tomorrow's show would end in a meltdown.

I was wondering this morning how much longer PTI will go on.  I would imagine Kornheiser and Wilbonn are extremely highly paid, and the show's been on the air for 15 years.

I don't watch PTI much anymore. but Kormheiser has always entertained me.  He's a very good sportswriter/commentator when he's not bogged down doing over-the-top comedy goofiness.

I used to like Skip when he was just a Texas sportswriter.   He was a good sportswriter in the early days and his books on the Cowboys were rather good.  Combination of ESPN stardom, hair dye, and a bad perm drove him insane.  It happens.

A walk down memory lane, although the reasons for not reaching potential do vary quite a bit. Like it's Bo Jackson's fault he got hurt. Blaming Ki-Jana Carter's torn ACL lost rookie season can't excuse his entire career. Maybe he just wasn't any good. Plenty of guys tear ACLs, even back then and came back totally fine.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15447349/top-25-unfulfilled-potential-reality-falls-spectacularly-short-expectations

2 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Per The Big Lead, Ray Lewis and Cris Carter are leaving ESPN.

Charles Woodson, Matt Hasselbeck, and Randy Moss are on their way in.

Moss was great on FOX Sports 1's NFL stuff. Wonder if he'll be replacing Carter. . .again.

Now Ray has time to make more videos with idiotic, nonsensical sermons deriding Black Lives Matter and bringing up black-on-black crime. Maybe he can stump for Trump or Hillary and look for more white approval.

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think ESPN got the better of that trade.  Of course I think it would be nice if we could get BBC announcers for all sports, or at least send most of our dipshits to a BBC bootcamp. Then again, I might be biased as I have been playing a ton of FIFA 14 on my PS4. . . .

On 5/9/2016 at 4:16 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Now Ray has time to make more videos with idiotic, nonsensical sermons deriding Black Lives Matter and bringing up black-on-black crime. Maybe he can stump for Trump or Hillary and look for more white approval.

He'll probably just turn out to have a bunch of bodies buried in his backyard or something.

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

He'll probably just turn out to have a bunch of bodies buried in his backyard or something.

We can only hope.

I like how Ray Lewis of all people is giving "black people need to do better/clean up their own backyard" speeches when black people supported him when he was facing a double murder rap. 

Plus, he has a bunch of kids out of wedlock. One of the children he does claim (with his namesake no less) is out here taking pussy. Where is the video on that, Ray? Huh? Do they lives matter? :P