DVDVR Message Board

SPORTS MEDIA THREAD DEUX

Dolfan in NYC

I don't know that the lawsuit has any standing. I'm not sure I care. I just want all the league officials under oath.

Note that the NFL, in one of their few smart decisions in the last several years, has no ownership stake and thus isn't getting sued.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue where this would go, so I'll stick it here.

Oscar Pistorius found guilty of murder on appeal; manslaughter conviction overturned

He faces a minimum 15 years in prison. I'm not sure how their court system works, but this is the outcome that should have happened in the first place. (He's currently been under house arrest at his uncle's after serving a whole 1 year in jail.)

Not that anyone probably knew it existed but, Just A Bit Outside, the sorta/kinda of faux-Grantland, Rob Neyer vanity site is dead.

Per Neyer from the piece:

But I'm sorry to report that this is the last JABO post. In the near term, I’ll still be writing occasionally for FOXSports.com’s MLB page. In the long term ... hey, who in hell knows? Life’s short, but somehow we’re living longer and longer all the time.

So in case you were wondering how he got the sweet position on SVP, comments like this from Danny Kannell definitely helped:

The war on football is real. Not sure source but concussion alarmists are loving it. Liberal media loves it. Doesn't matter. It's real.

So in case you were wondering how he got the sweet position on SVP, comments like this from Danny Kannell definitely helped:

The war on football is real. Not sure source but concussion alarmists are loving it. Liberal media loves it. Doesn't matter. It's real.

Wait, there are concussion truthers now?  There are real life people who don't think head injuries are a legitimate concern?  I'm going to just start saying random things are part of some crazy political agenda.  Why is everything nowadays part of some larger liberal/leftist/rightist/conservative agenda?  What the hell does the FACT that head injuries are a huge problem have to do with liberals, conservatives, or anyone else other than the people suffering from those injuries?  How is that a political opinion?

How is Colleen Dominquez 54?

And how the fuck does anyone have a problem with her on the air?

God FS1 is stupid

She's not. Her own lawyers screwed that up. She was born in 1969.

• 3 weeks later...