DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

You know how hard it was to do this thread when you want on vacation last year?

And that was just finding smart ass things to say for each.

Utah is getting the reverse of what Michigan State has. Their big non confrence win over Michigan keeps looking better. While Sparty beat Oregon...

Alleged photo of Duke Williams leaving the Auburn athletic complex

64126654.jpg

The bad thing is that the calls for Malzahn's job will only intensify as this year progresses, and it will take a lot for me to support it. I honestly think you give him another year with Muschamp being able to establish some of his defensive talent and then basically say "compete in this conference next year or else."

There's no doubt he'll get another year. I don't even think 0-8 would get him bounced. If for no other reason, just think of how much money they'll have to pay out to get rid of him and all his assistants. They're already paying Ellis not to coach. And I'm not entirely sure they're done paying Chizik.

If they fired this staff now, they'd probably have to sell that new scoreboard for scrap to pay everybody off.

I'll be interested to see who gets scapegoated this offseason. It obviously can't be Boom, because of the money. Firing Lashlee would be a joke, because everybody knows it's Malzahn's offense. Plus, if they fired Lashlee and hired somebody from outside instead of promoting Dameyune Craig, things would become very much not Gucci on the Plains.

There's no doubt he'll get another year. I don't even think 0-8 would get him bounced. If for no other reason, just think of how much money they'll have to pay out to get rid of him and all his assistants. They're already paying Ellis not to coach. And I'm not entirely sure they're done paying Chizik.

If they fired this staff now, they'd probably have to sell that new scoreboard for scrap to pay everybody off.

I'll be interested to see who gets scapegoated this offseason. It obviously can't be Boom, because of the money. Firing Lashlee would be a joke, because everybody knows it's Malzahn's offense. Plus, if they fired Lashlee and hired somebody from outside instead of promoting Dameyune Craig, things would become very much not Gucci on the Plains.

The correct answer is the person who should have been fired when Chizik was fired. Jay Jacobs. Between all of his hiring failures, this football season, and the Sunny Galloway debacle, it's time for him to no longer be AD.

Also, he can't hang his hat on Bruce Pearl because Pearl has yet to prove anything and could be a bust at Auburn as well. Although, I am very optimistic about basketball this year. I think we have an outside chance to make the tournament this year.

...aaaannnddd the rumor I heard on Monday was true. Duke Williams got suspended for getting in a fight at Skybar. What is it about Skybar that makes idiots always want to fight there?

Not suspended, he gone:

That's what I meant. I am just so used to throwing the word "suspended" around.

Reports are starting to come out that Maryland is firing Randy Edsall

I guess getting rolled by Michigan was the last straw. Randy's had several years to build something there and he's gotten them to .500. That's probably not good enough.

Edsall still reportedly be fired after Saturday's game...

So, I know it's unlikely, but what do you do if you're Maryland and the Terps shock Ohio State and give Meyer his first regular season B1G loss? You can't possibly fire him immediately after the biggest win the school would have had in years, but how the fuck could you keep him after this?

I feel like now that the story has leaked, they have to make the move tomorrow before the game, just in case.

The local reports are that boosters were writing Maryland and flat out saying they weren't going to renew their tickets until Edsall was gone.

Of course - MD boosters also think that the school is at the same level as OSU and Michigan State