DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah it is kinda stupid but like has been discussed ad nauseum in the monthly thread, in other seasons the Cubs and Bucs wouldn't even be playing any extra games because it was win your division or you're SOL.

At least Cutch had that seeing eye single in the 1st. I don't think the Bucs are going to get another hit as long as Arrieta is in there.

Yeah, but for 15 years(or however long the old system was around), the Cubs would have been eliminated, and the Buccos would be getting ready for the Dodgers. . . .

Yeah it is kinda stupid but like has been discussed ad nauseum in the monthly thread, in other seasons the Cubs and Bucs wouldn't even be playing any extra games because it was win your division or you're SOL.

At least Cutch had that seeing eye single in the 1st. I don't think the Bucs are going to get another hit as long as Arrieta is in there.

Yeah, but for 15 years(or however long the old system was around), the Cubs would have been eliminated, and the Buccos would be getting ready for the Dodgers. . . .

Just because the last system was worse doesn't mean this one is good.

It's great.  It makes the Cardinals feel like the heel joining the commentator's table while the two NXT guys try to win a beat the clock challenge to become #1 contender.

Now I'm picturing the entire Cardinals roster wearing suits and watching the game from the Commissioner's luxury suite at the stadium, mildly applauding the winning team, and then interrupting their locker room celebration interview.

• Like 3

Are you talking about the old East-West divisions? Because if they did use the old system, um, pretty sure the Cards would've faced the Dodgers seeing as they won 3 more games than the Bucs.

It's great.  It makes the Cardinals feel like the heel joining the commentator's table while the two NXT guys try to win a beat the clock challenge to become #1 contender.

Now I'm picturing the entire Cardinals roster wearing suits and watching the game from the Commissioner's luxury suite at the stadium, mildly applauding the winning team, and then interrupting their locker room celebration interview.

This man understands how the game is supposed to be played.

Just because the last system was worse doesn't mean this one is good.

There was nothing wrong with the last system, and baring going to 32 teams and 8 divisions worked quite well. But this perverts the playoffs and the regular season. . . .

Are you talking about the old East-West divisions? Because if they did use the old system, um, pretty sure the Cards would've faced the Dodgers seeing as they won 3 more games than the Bucs.

No, the 3 division one wild card system. . . .

I kind of hate the wild card round. 162 games comes down to one day. No.

I hate it as well. If the Yankees were in the NL East, they win the division, but because of Toronto, injuries, lack of hitting; we got fucked.

I want Bud Selig to burn in hell because of the fucking second wild card, among other things.

• Like 1

I hate it as well. If the Yankees were in the NL East, they win the division, but because of Toronto, injuries, lack of hitting; we got fucked.

I want Bud Selig to burn in hell because of the fucking second wild card, among other things.

Of course the Astros should still be in the NL too. . . . 

• Like 1

Of course the Astros should still be in the NL too. . . .
and the Brewers should still be in the AL

Not sure what pisses me off more:  the Pirates losing this game or that the Mets or Dodgers are going to waltz into the World Series while the 3 best team in the NL beat the crap out of each other

No kidding. Put the Bucs against either of those teams in a 5 game series and it's Cubs/Cards-Bucs in the LCS every single time.

Not sure what pisses me off more:  the Pirates losing this game or that the Mets or Dodgers are going to waltz into the World Series while the 3 best team in the NL beat the crap out of each other

No kidding. Put the Bucs against either of those teams in a 5 game series and it's Cubs/Cards-Bucs in the LCS every single time.

And have the Astros in the NL Central where they belong, and there is none of this 3 best team nonsense. . . .