DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not sure if I'm angry or not that I couldn't watch the game tonight because I had a wake tonight. I suffer from clinical depression and it gets much worse during the fall and winter. I wish I could go hibernate from now until spring training. It's time to go back to the wrestling threads.

Also interesting: I don't think Keichuel threw a single pitch tonight that topped 90. Almost every pitch was 88 or 89.

Short rest start might be the answer as to why. Didn't have a chance to get into his full routine between appearances.

How long have the Yanks played the Imperal March and Rebel Anthom during player intros?

I think since Larry Lucchino referred to them as the Evil Empire because they signed Jose Contreras after he defected from Cuba prior to the 2003 season. 

As a Yankee hater being here to witness this was wonderful. I am going to pull an all nighter and listen to people ranting on WFAN.

I tried listening for a little bit (thru Steve Simons). Most of the callers really were too detected or accepting of defeat to rant.

So, I turned it to one of my favorites (a small station in Louisiana that essentially plays Louisiana-centric oldies and Cajun-ish stuff)

If any Yankee fan was expecting a long playoff run - they were delusional

The Stros getting the 2nd WC was the worst thing that could have happened to them since Keuchel has a gypsy curse over them.

Not that they were going to do anything in the ALDS anyway.

So again - any Yanks fan calling for jobs or the usual EVERYONE SHOULD BE TRADED!!! is an idiot

If they can keep accidentally contending the next two years as they shed some of these hideous contracts - I've got no problems

• Like 2

Shit, how much are those?

Also, speaking from a very recent experience, St. Louis is the worst. I mean, this just goes beyond my bias against the Cardinals. I didn't like nearly any minute I was in St. Louis, except for the Gateway Arch.

• Like 1

$60 right now on Stubhub, but that price will skyrocket if the Cubs win tonight.

Yeah, STL sucks for the most part.  The Arch is cool, but the City Museum is batshit crazy!  Check it out next time you're around.  The Pageant is also my favorite concert venue ever so there is that...