DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

David Price has started 5 postseason games and went 0-5 with a 4.98 ERA (losing games in the 2010 ALDS (twice), 2011 ALDS, 2013 ALDS, and 2014 ALDS). But he's been on a pretty good run lately and the 6th time is the charm. David Price is probably too good a pitcher to not start a postseason game where his team wins eventually.

So, if Price has a good ALDS Game 1 start, it'll be no shocker to various media types and If Price has a bad ALDS game 1 start, those media types are gonna blame it on Price resting for 11 days before this start (the longest time a starter has rested from the regular season to a game 1 start since Red Ruffing in 1939).

Probably a bit like people criticizing the Buehrle start only after it turned into a disaster. If it works, it's not mentioned. If it doesn't, it's a bad terrible idea.

Buehrle starting again was ricoculous before it happened. I honestly couldn't believe how lightly they took those games. Nothing against Houston or the Yonkeez, but I'd much rather play either of them than the Rangers. Houston stumbled drunkenly into the playoffs and the Yankees aren't a traditional Yankees team. Not many holes but their scariest hitter is done for the season. The Rangers and Royals are the biggest threats and the Jays basically pleaded for the Rangers after pissing away three games post-division clinch.

And, yeah, Price resting that much is dumb. Gibbons going completely against the grain in terms of numbers because instincts or whatever is stupid, even should they win.

I would adore a Cubs/Jays series but going through the Pirates, Cards, and then either the Mets or Dodgers is going to be insane. The NL ain't nothing to fuck with. LOL All-Star Game. 

• Like 1

The 3 best teams in baseball are in the NL Central, but yeah, "this time it counts" so the AL has home field advantage because booking hotels without knowing who will have home field advantage going in is too much of a boondoggle. Christ. If there is anything that should change before next season starts, it's that bullshit.

Matt Harvey no-showed a mandatory practice today. When he got to Citi Field, he told the team he'd been stuck in tunnel traffic.  

My guess is, his punishment will be a fine and a "Why the fuck do you live in New Jersey" speech from Alderson. 

• Like 1