DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

Well, that goes without saying.

I will not be buying the shirt, but it does look cool. The last thing I need is yet another Cubs NLDS, Wild Card or division winner shirt with nothing else to celebrate.

Crushed that I forgot to make a Drake joke last night.  Almost as crushed as Batista's homer.

Careful with spelling.  "Bautista's homer" is a mammoth home run that changed the history of baseball.

"Batista's homer" is a life-size collectible muumuu-wearing Homer Simpson figure that Dave Batista keeps near his refrigerator and that lights up and says "Hey, fatty, those skinny jeans might be at the Goodwill soon" every time he opens the door.

One is about pride.  The other is about shame.

• Like 3

I'm kind of resigned to whatever happens tonight. I don't expect a win but even if we do fall I can't really be disappointed as this season has been an overwhelming success. I expected the best we could do this season was finish just above .500 and we far surpassed any reasonable expectations. Let's Go Mets, give us one more moment of magic!!!

Yeah, those Metropolitans have really shown up and proved that if that that goon Wilpon ever gets out of the ownership game there and they had someone at the top to spend a little money, they could do some series damage in that division. Are they still down in the lower third for overall payroll? I know they were like 21st or 22nd at the beginning of the year.

Obviously, the management in WAS isn't going to fumblefuck its way through every season, so they should remain pretty good, and I don't think MIA will ever get anywhere with that piece of shit Loria running the show, so for the next handful of years, that division should belong to the Mets or the Nats.

I would put my money on the Mets, with all of those stud arms they have collected over the past few years.

Is it just me, or has this playoffs felt significantly more fun then any other in recent memory? I'm biased as a Cubs fan I'm sure, but these Division Series have just been insane.

No; even as a beaten-down Phillies fan, I've been immensely enjoying this postseason.

T-shirt Bautista looks like Reggie Jackson which I think is fitting since real-life Bautista just took over as the caretaker of the month of October.

I think maybe we hold off on bestowing that honor upon him until he has played more than one postseason series, huh?

• Like 2

Is it just me, or has this playoffs felt significantly more fun then any other in recent memory? I'm biased as a Cubs fan I'm sure, but these Division Series have just been insane.

2011 is up there. Not just for the best World Series I can remember watching, the great divisional series (3 of 4 go 5 games and you had that crazy Brewers/D-Backs finale - the other two ended with just a single run differential), but the final day of the regular season has to be the best day of regular season baseball, no?