DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

Please tell me that's the last I have to hear from Harold Reynolds.

Also.....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The last third of that game was insane. Royals/Jays is gonna be a monster. I'm hoping for 7 games and at least one fight.

It's going to be a crazy series. These teams don't even try and hide that they hate each other, I expect Bautista to be targeted (as, really, he should be, what else would you do), and I'd be pretty surprised if there isn't a fight at some point.

The baseball will be really fun too.

Please tell me that's the last I have to hear from Harold Reynolds.

Also.....

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The last third of that game was insane. Royals/Jays is gonna be a monster. I'm hoping for 7 games and at least one fight.

Nope. HR will be in the booth with Joe Buck for the ALCS

• Like 1

Honestly, any World Series combination would be pretty great. Save for maybe the Dodgers. Once you get past Kershaw and Greinke, they're pretty damned boring and fuck Chase Utley. Unless they bring in Vin to do the announcing, then yes, Dodger it up.

Cubs/Jays would be great just for trying to figure out the over/under on total homers.

All of the teams left (and also the Pirates) were the most exciting teams in baseball this year so I'm pumped.   Well, except the Dodgers. I'm not excited about their lineup at all but the "Big 2" can be entertaining.

I'm a Dodger fan and their lineup doesn't excite me too terribly most of the time, but when they are on, they are fucking fun as hell to watch.

They have been streaky all year, so if they get the sticks going, they could make a pretty good shootout series with CHC. Either way, the super mediocre LAD bullpen is going to be a big question mark in any series, should they advance.

Can be entertaining? I would say that is a pretty big understatement. Greinke has been fucking nails all year long, and Kershaw is the best pitcher on the planet over the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

Honestly, any World Series combination would be pretty great. Save for maybe the Dodgers. Once you get past Kershaw and Greinke, they're pretty damned boring and fuck Chase Utley. Unless they bring in Vin to do the announcing, then yes, Dodger it up.

Cubs/Jays would be great just for trying to figure out the over/under on total homers.

Vin had some sort of surgical procedure, he won't get any work in the booth. If they go all the way, he might show up to say hello, but he won't be working. 

He's at home recuperating from whatever it was he had done. 

Yes indeed, in his words after the deal was announced, "God willing, if I am still here, I'll do one more year."

I will miss him dearly when he hangs it up. Every time I am at Dodger Stadium, I always wander around up near the booth in the hopes that I might run into him and tell him how much he has meant to me for the last 30 years. Thankfully, my son has gotten to listen to him as well and loves his stories as much as I do.

It's crazy to think that the guy my Dad grew up listening to in Brooklyn is still with the club.

• Like 2

Attended all 3 Royals home playoff games so far. Tonight was pretty damned amazing. Capped off by laying a beatdown on Keuchel, after all the paranoia about Keuchel doing a Bumgarner.. they put him in a spot purely to keep the game at 4-2 vs Wade Davis, and then it pretty much backfired (Royals made a lot of contact vs Keuchel for the 50% of pitches that were in the zone).

There's probably a parallel universe where Alcides Escobar doesn't bunt Omar Infante over to 2nd on a 2-0 pitch vs Bumgarner last October.

Just rewatched the end of the Jays game. I think my new favourite part, after Jose Bautista: Eater of Planets, is David Price picking up Stroman in a hug during the celebration and walking four or five steps with his little legs dangling above the ground. I got a new kitten a couple weeks ago, but that may have been the cutest thing I've ever seen.

• Like 1

*includes Greinke, Escobar and Cain in ex-Brewers trade-bait he can pretend he's happy are in the playoffs even though they've all been gone for years*

You had one job MLB

fL8Pkyu.png

edit: that's Minute Maid Park in Houston

Not only should the T-shirt be Jose Bautista staring down his homer, they should change the logo to a hologram of a bat being flipped.  Has Drake showed up yet?  You can't tell me he isn't jumping on this bandwagon.

I'm kind of resigned to whatever happens tonight. I don't expect a win but even if we do fall I can't really be disappointed as this season has been an overwhelming success. I expected the best we could do this season was finish just above .500 and we far surpassed any reasonable expectations. Let's Go Mets, give us one more moment of magic!!!