DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - Playoffs, Round 1

Dolfan in NYC

The field is set.  

Tuesday - Houston @ New York (AL)

Winner goes to Kansas City

Wednesday - Chicago (NL) @ Pittsburgh

Winner goes to Hell.  Or St. Louis.  Whichever is worse. 

• Like 1

I like how Kansas City is the more favorable destination of the two picks. 

Can't wait for Wednesday. I'm thinking we're going to be jamming to some THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE. Dude has a propensity for the dramatics. 

Do we do a prediction thread for the post-season? If not, WHO YOU GOT?!

*hisses* at the playoff team fans. :angry: Oh, I found a pet snake I named Piranesi, he speaks to me, it's odd. He keeps telling me to drive to Pittsburgh and chuck batteries at Jake Arietta.

It also states:
Quivi sospiri, pianti e alti guai risonavan per l'aere sanza stelle, per ch'io al cominciar ne lagrimai. Diverse lingue, orribili favelle, parole di dolore, accenti d'ira, voci alte e fioche, e suon di man con elle facevano un tumolto, il qual s'aggira sempre in quell'aura sanza tempo tinta, come la rena quando turbo spira.

I don't feel like working out how we get there, but my instincts are going Royals/Cubbies. I'd love a Jays/Pirates series though. No Yanks, Cards or Rangers please, mostly due to relatively recent multiple appearances.

• Like 1

I hope the Cardigans are swept in 3 games by a combined score of 38-0, but the Yankees somehow still win the WS in the end, thus driving home the constant despair we all must endure.

"La Russa" is parseltongue for "inevitable."

Tony, The Russian has a more ominous sound to it. Like he's coming to break my legs for reneging on some long forgotten debt. Hopefully, not played by Kevin Nash.

I like how Kansas City is the more favorable destination of the two picks. 

Can't wait for Wednesday. I'm thinking we're going to be jamming to some THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE. Dude has a propensity for the dramatics. 

I'm going to go ahead and say that we will get a TOR-LAD WS. 

My choice to win it all obviously is Los Angeles.

If I weren't being a total shithead and picking my own guys, I would love to see a PIT-TOR WS, I think it would be fucking excellent. I wouldn't complain about any of the NL teams going all the way, as much as I hate STL for their past triumphs over LA, they are a really good baseball team, and who am I to hate on talent?

Although if Holliday is anywhere near the STL lineup, I hope someone takes it upon themselves to drill that dirty fucker before he can chop block a 2B or an SS on a DP ball.

Hating on talent is a baseball tradition. Damn punk kids and their talent showing up the "veterans" playing the game the right way, batting .195 and pinch-hitting 20 times a year.

Considering I have tickets to game 3 of the NLDS in Chicago, I'm sure the Cubs won't win the WC game.

If they do though, holy shit, it will be my first postseason game ever. 

I also love that Maddon and his team are running through simulations to help determine an optimal lineup for the 1 game playoff. The team has made it really difficult to put together a lineup, considering that Castro has been white hot, Jackson is playing very well, etc.

• Like 1

Ooof - Yanks announce that CC is out for the post season as he is entering alcohol rehab

because there is life outside of baseball, good for CC for doing this, but the timing couldn't be worse. If we get past Houston, the rotation will probably shape up as: Tanaka, Severino, Pineda, and Nova.

I gotta admit, my first thought after seeing the Sabathia news was "What?  He couldn't have waited a month?  The team can afford to hire a babysitter."

I'm not even a Yanks fan.  Just a bad person, apparently.

I'd love a Pirates-Jay series.  Not optimistic about the Pirates chances of getting past the Cubs and Cards though.  Hope I'm wrong.  Pirates ticket office sold out before we got seats, but the wife has already overpaid for seats via Stubhub and made ridiculous excuses to get us out of commitments that evening.  Apparently, I have pink eye.  I'm sad about that.  '

Edit: To clarify, Pirates box office sold out seats for Wednesday before we tried to order.

I wound up getting 4 tickets in the bleachers if the Cubs make it past the Pirates. My brother, who is a VP at a bank, told me to not pass on the money since it would help me out and said to just sell 2 of the tickets on Stub Hub. If they didn't sell, he and his wife would just buy them off of me. I priced those 2 tickets for $500 each. I can't imagine how much your wife spent.

Will be at the AL Wild Card game and Game 3 vs the Dodgers (hopefully the Mets completing a sweep, but I'll settle for going up 2-1). Selling game 4 to basically pay for my playoff tickets for the first two (potential) rounds in one shot.