DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

The Marlins finally figured out that having the physically deepest outfield in the game may be among the causes for anemic offensive numbers. 

They're moving in all of their walls and lowering them for next season.   

I'm expecting Giancarlo to have 80 dingers by the time he's injured for the rest of the season in July.

Rockies have traded Corey Dickerson and Kevin Padlo to the Rays for Jake McGee and German Marquez. If you have Dickerson on your fantasy team like I do, feel free to start bitching.

The Brewers traded some stuff for some other stuff freeing them to move around some stuff. That's all I got.

The trade is officially

the Brewers have sent shortstop Jean Segura and pitcher Tyler Wagner to the Diamondbacks in exchange for pitcher Chase Anderson, second baseman Aaron Hill, and young minor league infielder Isan Diaz.

JEAN SEGURA~! ALL-STAR~!

Apparently Brandon Phillips recently blocked another trade. This one would have sent him to the Diamondbacks. I assume this was probably before the recent Brewers-backs trade.

Wait.  Again?  Phillips already had blocked a trade to the D-Backs before the Nats debacle.

Apparently Brandon Phillips recently blocked another trade. This one would have sent him to the Diamondbacks. I assume this was probably before the recent Brewers-backs trade.

Wait.  Again?  Phillips already had blocked a trade to the D-Backs before the Nats debacle.

Maybe it was the first one. It was mentioned in an interview with Walt Jocketty I was reading. I'd not heard it before so I assumed it was after the Nats thing.

Maybe it was the first one. It was mentioned in an interview with Walt Jocketty I was reading. I'd not heard it before so I assumed it was after the Nats thing.

Oh.  OK.  No, the D-Backs deal that Phillips nixed was like in November.  That had to be a good month before the Nats mess.

In both cases Phillips blocked the deals to attempt to get his contract re-worked.  Needless to say both the D-Backs and Nats told him to fuck himself.

The Brewers are really throwing money out there. I think their payroll is dramatically lower than last year and they don't even bother to fill it veterans of any real note, just young guys and random dudes in trades and waiver signings and minor league spring training invites. This team is going to look really weird for quite awhile.