DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

"He is nicknamed "Maeken" by fans and teammates"

So, just go with that. Or reverse it for US naming and call him Keneda.

Oooooooooooohh Kennnnedaaaaa

Wait that would be if he played for the Blue Jays.

The deal is weird, but it's fucking genius. 8 years, $24MM , and then loaded with incentives for like $10-12 per year. Upfront cost including the posting fee, if assumed to be the max is $44MM. Those dudes in the Dodgers FO are pretty crafty. I don't have a bad word to say about the way they have put this team together in their time in the job.

Confirmed as of a few minutes ago. Fuckin' A that's a lot of top tier brainpower in the FO now. I love on-field moves, but I get pretty excited about making the team stronger through executive hires as well.

Yes because 6 or so heads with their own opinions are better than 1

Obviously, the game has evolved from when Connie Mack could make every baseball decision from personnel down to concession stand prices. Three heads in a FO making decisions independent of one another but still allowing the other two guys to have their voices heard seems like a pretty good thing to me as opposed to one guy's word on everything.

AA supposedly rejected TOR's extension because he wouldn't be allowed to operate with the same freedom as under the previous regime. Why would he take a new job that put him a situation anywhere similar to that?

Because LA can spend and spend big? They're a much better run organization? They're in Los Angeles and not Toronto?

Glad to read that Gordon is staying in KC. It would be weird seeing him in another jersey.