DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

This might be my favorite thing ever

Jon Heyman ✔ @JonHeymanCBS

Bartolo Colon $7.25M mets deal includes 50K extra for all star, Cy young, gold glove and silver slugger. Silver slugger!
  • Like 2

Apparently Shapiro said the payroll is going up due to the weak canadian dollar. That is, they have to pay more in cdn$ to keep it the same as last yer

There is that.  140 million US = around 190 million Canadian now but also the stadium needs anywhere from 250-400 million dollars in work over the next few years.

I saw someone mention on twitter that shapiro does not have same strong feeings as beeston on needing grass in the dome.

I think its more its going to be a real expensive undertaking or its we could put grass in here but it would be worse than a turf field

Well the dirt infield will be happening for next season

The Red Sox will be retiring Wade Boggs' number 26 on May 26th

Position 5 on your score card, Number 26.

Retired on 5/26

Very well played Red Stockings. 

Yankees-Red Sox and Giants-Dodgers five times in the first 16 Sundays, including Yanks-Sawx on BACK TO BACK SUNDAYS.

THIS IS BASEBALL HELL.

That's not even mentioning...JOHN KRUK!!!!

God, why must ESPN make me hate things I love?

• Like 1

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, a violent quarrel was in progress. There were shoutings, bangings on the table, sharp suspicious glances, furious denials. The source of the trouble appeared to be that Napoleon and Mr. Pilkington had each played an ace of spades simultaneously.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

• Like 1

Where did you see that, Mark? Interesting.

Mike Leake to the Cardinals for 5/80. With an NTC. And a mutual option that can push it to something like 94MM.

Teach your kids how to pitch, parents.

It was mentioned in my twitter feed this morning by Jonah from toronto sports media (former pod guest). I think jeff blair may have mentioned it on his radio show, but i listen to that via podcast.

Yankees-Red Sox and Giants-Dodgers five times in the first 16 Sundays, including Yanks-Sawx on BACK TO BACK SUNDAYS.

THIS IS BASEBALL HELL.

Dammit, I thought we were done with those days. Yankees-Red Sox all the time fuck you is like half the reason my interest in baseball waned during the mid-late aughts.