DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

I still wouldn't be surprised to see Zobrist get way overpaid.

Nor would I. And $20MM per would certainly qualify as "way overpaid". He's meeting with WAS today, so I would figure that he signs somewhere pretty quickly.

Edited by grilledcheese

The Cubs are being shady...please. They conducted their business by the book, within the rules, just like any other team has done in the past

You do realize that "being shady" and "doing things by the book" are not mutually exclusive, right? You'd probably cool with sitting down a player at 498 PAs that has a huge bonus at 500, right?

Wilponzis lose out, what a shock. We have a once in a generation rotation and it won't amount to shit if we go back to averaging a run a game next year.

My dad thinks the world of Dansby Swanson, he watched him in Hillsboro a handful of times this year, said he's a stud. Braves get a tremendous haul. 

AZ is supposed to be close on getting Mike Leake as well. They aren't fucking around.

It's Warren and Brendan Ryan for Castro

Why the fuck they wanted Ryan when they just signed Zobrist is beyond me

because the Cubs liked Ryan's mustache last year?

With Castro and also Dustin Ackley, this opens up to also include Rob Refsnyder in a package for pitching.

I think going from Castro to Zobrist is a huge, huge fucking upgrade and I love the move. He wasn't at his best last season but his BABIP was really down from previous years. Now, they should've gotten more for Castro but I still love the Zobrist acquisition. Plus, he can play outfield too. 

I think I read that they're going to try Baez at center... That's interesting.