DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

Lots of current Dodgers and a pretty decent chunk of Roberts former teammates seem to think that this is a mighty good hire. I am pretty shocked that it didn't end up being Gabe Kapler, but I am quite happy to see Roberts back in Dodger blue.

I will never forget the catch he made in Houston up on that stupid hill to keep Gagne's consecutive save streak going. Nothing outrageous, just tracked the ball all the way to the wall and made it look easy.

I guess Correa's coming out party made them realize that Lowrie was an expendable piece. I assume this means that the Marcus Semien experiment is over, 35 E's does not a top tier SS make.

Semien has got a pretty good stick with some sock, but you can't commit more errors than every other team in the AL all by yourself and expect to keep that gig.

Mariners and Marlins are supposedly discussing a deal for Marcell Ozuna. Word is the Marlins want Taijuan Walker in return (much like every team that the Mariners try to trade with I'm sure).

There was a headline on TSN today saying the Red Sox are willing to go $30-40 million above the next best bid for Price. Good luck with that.

That Jays rotation still needs a top of the rotation guy if they're going to make a serious run at the playoffs and championship. That or they need to get the best bullpen in baseball.

About 3/4ths of it is probably going towards equipment you shouldn't be required to pay for as well as a ton of stations you don't ever watch. Some of them get huge chunks. ESPN for example.