DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

I really dislike raccoons or people that think they can be pets? *shrugs*

I chalk it up to my brain breaking thinking about Sveum, Yost and Moore all becoming World Series champions.

Stealing from Trade Rumors - upcoming calendar

• Nov. 2: First day of an exclusive five-day negotiation window which all teams have with their free-agent-eligible players.
  • Nov. 6: Final day for teams to extend qualifying offers to free agents. Qualifying offers must be submitted by 5pm ET.
  • Nov. 7: Players become eligible to sign with any team.
  • Nov. 13: Deadline for players to accept or reject qualifying offers. Players must formally make their decision by 5pm ET.
  • Nov. 9-12: GM Meetings are held in Florida. While not as active as December’s Winter Meetings, the groundwork for many trades and free-agent signings will take place here, and a few moves figure to be completed.
  • Dec. 2: Deadline for teams to decide whether or not to tender contracts to their arbitration-eligible players. The free agent market should expand to some degree on this day, albeit with relatively minor names.
  • Dec. 7-10: Winter Meetings in Nashville. These four days are among the most chaotic of the year for those who follow trades and free agency — often even more so than the days leading up to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. MLBTR will be providing 24-hour, around-the-clock coverage while the Winter Meetings are in effect. It should be noted that the Rule 5 Draft will be held on the final day of the Winter Meetings.

I don't think it was mentioned here yet, but Murphy's error was the second most costliest error in World Series history...behind Bill Buckner. The swing in WPA was huge.

Which is stupid just because Lucas Duda's terrible throw was WAY costlier - he just wasn't charged with an error

• Like 1

Will the people shrieking "Trade Harvey" tell us exactly what they want in return? Unless something blows us away at this point trading him just for the sake of trading him would be insane.

Woke up to the wonderful story about how the Nats offered Bud Black a one year deal so Black told them to go fuck themsleves and now the Nats are talking to Dusty Baker.

I really should have started that Nats dumpster fire thread

Dusty Baker is like the MLB version of Norv Turner.   He is good enough that every team wants to use him until they realize what there ceiling will always be.   I am sure with him as the manager the Nats will limp into the playoffs many times and lose before they get to the NLCS

Not saying that Bud Black is a huge upgrade but Dusty is such a lazy retread hire