DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

The best is all the Nats fans think it is a great hire because DUSTY WON A RING~!

Oh and that apparently they can just hire a pitching coach to keep Dusty from destroying arms because that is clearly how baseball works.

The Nats are reportedly choosing between Bud Black and Dusty Baker

The Padres are interviewing Ron Gardenhire for a 2nd time

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices in San Francisco, Chicago, and Cincinnati suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

The best is all the Nats fans think it is a great hire because DUSTY WON A RING~!

Oh and that apparently they can just hire a pitching coach to keep Dusty from destroying arms because that is clearly how baseball works.

Dusty won a ring...as a player.

So did Matt Williams. Clearly predictive.

Wonder who they're going to drag out from the early-mid 90s Giants next.

Yes, he certainly hasn't won a world series as a manager.  I know and remember this very, very well. :)

In Dusty's defense, though, every team that has hired him has seen a quick turnaround in on-field fortunes and become a playoff team.  He has a knack for helping bad teams become good, if not necessarily getting good teams through that final World Series step.

Maybe the Nationals actually are finally the right fit for him.  Of course they in theory already are a good team, albeit one that severely underachieved this year.

Dusty won a ring...as a player.

So did Matt Williams. Clearly predictive.

Wonder who they're going to drag out from the early-mid 90s Giants next.

How bout former Yankee prospect/Giants first baseman JT Snow?

Looks like Mattingly will be the Marlins manager

He has to fill his time somehow until the Yankees job opens up. I'd prefer Willie Randolph to get the job whenever Girardi's time is up.

After the way Willie got hosed by the Mets he deserves a second look from someone.

• Like 1

Can we get Harold Reynolds a job with someone?

I support this idea completely, as long as it isn't on anyone's broadcast team, so I never have to hear him again.

I really enjoy SEA's TV, so with my luck he will go and fuck that up for me.

Seriously though, I would assume he is locked into that MLB Network deal for a good long time, typically the main national broadcast team stays together for a pretty decent spell.

I support this idea completely, as long as it isn't on anyone's broadcast team, so I never have to hear him again.

Seriously though, I would assume he is locked into that MLB Network deal for a good long time, typically the main national broadcast team stays together for a pretty decent spell.

Send him to the South Side of Chicago. Hawk 'n Harold! 

• Like 2

I think that would cause the universe to implode.

Best possible idea. CHW is the one television broadcast I avoid, I always run the opponent's feed instead. 

The Hawk and Reynolds together would be so fantastically hard to sit through.