DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/17/16

RIPPA

NEW MANAGERS AND GMS FOR EVERYONE!

Also, in what could be the most hilarious news of the offseason: http://www.mccoveychronicles.com/2015/9/30/9426975/dusty-baker-dodgers-padres

It's an SBN site, but it's maybe the best SBN site for baseball. If A.J. Preller somehow holds onto his job AND he hires Dusty Baker to be the manager of the Padres, it would be maybe one of the biggest Peter from Office Space type moves I could even think of. Again, if true, Preller looks like he's just trying to get fired because I can't think of any other explanation for not trading anyone away at the trade deadline and this. I hope this happens. Oh please, let this happen.

Speaking of managers

The Marlins have already interviewed Manny Acta and Bo Porter

Why would you take that job unless a) you have no other options or b ) you want to have a couple of years worth of checks without working?

Speaking of managers

The Marlins have already interviewed Manny Acta and Bo Porter

Why would you take that job unless a) you have no other options or b ) you want to have a couple of years worth of checks without working?
I'd take the Marlins job for a year or two if it meant getting paid for a couple more without actually working, no problem.

Is Barry Larkin going to manage anytime soon?

Well everyone assumed he was going to be the Reds next manager but as I said they kept Price because... reasons???

Not only was Williams fired but the entire coaching staff as well. That was a scorched earth policy that even Dan Snyder hasn't done

Sad day for us Mets fans. I still say he deserves to be voted a full playoff share for all he did for us. Hope he enjoys his next managerial job in either the Can-Am or Pecos League.

I think he's going to be stuck up here managing college guys during the summer months for like the Green Bay Bullfrogs and a host of other silly teams.

Not only was Williams fired but the entire coaching staff as well. That was a scorched earth policy that even Dan Snyder hasn't done

Sad day for us Mets fans. I still say he deserves to be voted a full playoff share for all he did for us. Hope he enjoys his next managerial job in either the Can-Am or Pecos League.

I'm thinking South Korea, or (maybe) Japan. . . .