DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2015 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Watching Bones for the first time as part of the cross-over with Sleepy Hollow. Is Bones usually terribly acted? Crane and Mills from Sleepy Hollow seem like real people, all the Bones crew have dinner actor range. I'm not sure what kind of voice "Bones" is going for, but it is hilariously put on.

• Like 1

Well, I've never watched Bones, but I can say David Boreanaz is good at exactly one thing: Playing an evil son of a bitch. He fluctuates wildly when playing anything else, never getting above decent. But ask him to be a megalomaniacal magnificent bastard, and he is suddenly amazing.

Oh, man. I've never watched BONES in the TEN YEARS it was on before last night, and that was just brutal. I'm really not a fan of procedurals in general, granted, but I can usually at least recognize the charisma or charm of certain actors on, for instance, NCIS that might compel people to keep watching the same old shit over and over again. But there was not one interesting character or performance among the whole Bones crew. And it's on SEASON 11!

Ultimately, the crossover proved pointless, because they couldn't let the Bones crew actually be present for any of the overtly supernatural stuff, so the visiting characters were virtually irrelevant to each episode's conclusion.

Over the course of the evening, I also got the distinct impression that David Boreanaz was not thrilled to be dabbling in the realm of fantasy/horror again.

• Like 1

Season 10 of BONES was supposed to be its last, which might be why everyone seems to be on autopilot.

Brennan is on the spectrum, which is why she sounds like that

BONES is really a shitty show that my wife roped me into watching a few years back.

Season 10 of BONES was supposed to be its last, which might be why everyone seems to be on autopilot.

Brennan is on the spectrum, which is why she sounds like that

BONES is really a shitty show that my wife roped me into watching a few years back.

It's on the list of shows that my wife watches without me, like SVU and NCIS. (The inverse of the list is "Venture Bros" and pretty much nothing else.)

My wife used to watch BONES all the time. I think she watched until like two seasons ago.

I can't remember her exact reasoning but it was something like "Well they finally had X (the thing I cant remember) happen - so there was no point in watching any further"

My wife used to watch BONES all the time. I think she watched until like two seasons ago.

I can't remember her exact reasoning but it was something like "Well they finally had X (the thing I cant remember) happen - so there was no point in watching any further"

Bones and Angel hooking up?

Crossovers can be interesting. Remember the infamous "The X Files is set in the same universe as The Wire" thing?

To borrow from Cracked, we now know why Baltimore is in such a terrible state: The government is too busy chasing aliens to fix the place. 

That was Homicide: Life on the Street, not The Wire. Richard Belzer appearing as Detective Munch in five different shows in one week. Although he did later play Munch in The Wire as well, so it probably counts.

My favorite crossover, albeit it an unofficial one, was the Breaking Bad/Malcolm in the Middle one on the BB DVD set.

Everyone sorta rolls their eyes at the whole "It was Hal's dream!" theory now, but if you look at the Hal character (this henpecked, repressed, meek middle aged guy) it does, in fact, make a ton of sense that he would dream and fantasize about being some big-time powerful drug kingpin who makes a $100 million dollars. It's very Mulholland Drive

Not that it's a valid theory, obviously. But it is shockingly plausible. 

GODDAM YOU PEOPLE~!

As if I don't have enough shit on my personal queue, based on all of your recommendations I decided to give "You're The Worst" a shot.

Fuck... 2 episodes in and I'm digging it the most

James

It just gets better and better. The past few episodes of Season 2 really stepped the show up to an entire new level.