DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2015 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The weekly mentions of Draft Kings on The League are really starting to sour me on that show.

Having a guy claim to escape 9/11, but was lying for over a decade didn't? Seriously though, I've given it a try a couple of times, then quickly realized I hate most of the cast. . . .

Too early to be certain, but Quantico is shaping up to be our fall TV addiction.  First two eps have been very well done.  We're hooked.

I do kinda hope the "Alex on the run" plot wraps up in some fashion by the mid-winter break.  Seems like it will strain credulity if she outwits the FBI and everyone else in the region for an entire season.  I'm hoping she clears her name (but maybe doesn't find the real terrorist) by midseason.

Expanse ep 1 ran at NYCC. Buzz seems to be positive, including from at least one friend who's read the books, but it's a 'con audience so they're either going to go excessively positive or excessively negative. I want so fucking bad for this to be good.

Minority Report has been cut from 13 to 10 episodes--not officially cancelled, but next-best-thing. Not a shock; of all the things they could do with that universe (among which the best choice would be "leave the film to stand on its own"), they made a shitty procedural.

So I just marathoned "Lucky Louie" on HBO NOW. I had seen like one episode back in 2006. It's so fucking good. I see why it failed, as it was probably hard for lots of people to understand what they were doing but I think it was brilliant and hilarious.

So I just marathoned "Lucky Louie" on HBO NOW. I had seen like one episode back in 2006. It's so fucking good. I see why it failed, as it was probably hard for lots of people to understand what they were doing but I think it was brilliant and hilarious.

"You were having your period and you said you were bleeding like a mob hit."

It was going to be hard to reach those heights again.

Minority Report has been cut from 13 to 10 episodes--not officially cancelled, but next-best-thing. Not a shock; of all the things they could do with that universe (among which the best choice would be "leave the film to stand on its own"), they made a shitty procedural.

I watched the second episode just to see Spinelli (actor from "General Hospital") and it was honestly one of the worst shows I've seen in years. The level of acting, goofy dialogue, and terrible production values reminded me of one of those cheesy syndicated sci fi shows from the 90s (Cleopatra 2525! Mutant X!). 

The Steven Spielberg TV Curse is very very real.

I thought the second episode of Minority Report was weak, but I didn't hate it overall.  I wish this show had time to grow.  I'm interested where they go with some of the plot elements.

Got caught up with "How to Get Away With Murder".  Loved the first season, noncommittal on the first three eps from this season.  I kinda get the impression it didn't occur to anyone that there would be a second season, so they didn't plot things out beforehand.  Show's kinda all of the map.  Having the law students flee the scene of yet another murder (and seemingly leaving someone to die) is making them really unlikable.

• Like 1

Yeah, didn't dig the reveal of who killed Wes' girlfriend since they were about the only person on the show who wasn't a murderer or an accessory.

Starting to really like Blindspot.  Thought the pilot was sorta generic, but the episodes since then have fleshed out the cast and I'm legit interested in the central mystery.