DVDVR Message Board

OCT 2015 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I hate when I discover a show after its already been cancelled after a few years to be utterly fun and enjoyable. The Wife and I laugh pretty damn hard when we watch Don't Trust The B In Apt 23. Krysten Ritter is brilliant!

James

• Like 2

I hate when I discover a show after its already been cancelled after a few years to be utterly fun and enjoyable. The Wife and I laugh pretty damn hard when we watch Don't Trust The B In Apt 23. Krysten Ritter is brilliant!

James

I forget where I read it but someone described Ritter as basically playing the role as a live-action, filthy Bugs Bunny.

I really liked that description.

tumblr_m2e4ycQPzk1qazkdco1_500.gif

• Like 1

I am now two episodes behind on How To Get Away With Murder thanks to graveyard shift and the Don't Watch Without Me Pact that I made with my significant other.  Somehow, I think I am better off.

I liked it, but I'm also one of the few people that really liked the last season too. The monster was pretty blah, but that's alright, it was clearly just a placeholder. Crane and Mills have such insane chemistry that it makes up for a weak plot.

Hopefully the new big bad isn't just a mish mash of Katrina and Henry.

Any bets on Crane forging the prophecy just because he was scared about having no purpose?

Rick and Morty done for another season. The second half wasn't quite as good as the first but still incredibly enjoyable. Tonight's episode wasn't the funniest but it was still really good. I love where the story is going. Morty is going to have to man the fuck up and I can't wait.

• Like 1

I am now two episodes behind on How To Get Away With Murder thanks to graveyard shift and the Don't Watch Without Me Pact that I made with my significant other.  Somehow, I think I am better off.

You are correct. I really liked the first season and two episodes into the second season I am ready to quit.

The Leftovers is good. I don't care if Lindelof is a hack. He's my hack.

The S2 opener, even taking into account the "new career in a new town" switchup, still managed to set new what-the-fuckery record levels:

The Simon in the Desert guy on the pillar.

The epileptic daughter running naked through the woods with her friends.

THE GODDAMN GOAT SACRIFICE IN THE RESTAURANT.

And the "Perfect Strangers" brick joke.

Let the bad times roll...

• Like 1

Nicholas Brendon is totally going to die soon, isn't he? I just saw on CNN that he was arrested again. I was also shocked to see what he looks like now. He looks like he's in his late 50s. 

Man, last time I saw Xander was somebody uploaded the Paley Buffy Reunion/Tribute on youtube and it was just sad. Anyone who knows somebody that's had issues with alcohol/drugs could immediately recognize the guy was on something (probably several somethings) just by the way he looked and acted.

The premiere was pretty blah, but I'm intrigued by Shannyn Sossamon's box.

1389964491992.jpg

I am an immature fool, I know.

Honestly, Shannyn Sossamon probably wishes more people were intrigued by her box.  She'd be a much bigger star.  I had no idea she had joined Sleepy Hollow.

Nicholas Brendon is totally going to die soon, isn't he? I just saw on CNN that he was arrested again. I was also shocked to see what he looks like now. He looks like he's in his late 50s. 

Yeah, I saw a picture of him a few months back (the last time he was arrested) and he looked fairly recognizable to someone who had seen him on Buffy.  His mugshot from this weekend's arrest looks like a much older brother or an uncle.  He looks a good ten years older than he actually is.

The Leftovers is good. I don't care if Lindelof is a hack. He's my hack.

The S2 opener, even taking into account the "new career in a new town" switchup, still managed to set new what-the-fuckery record levels:

The Simon in the Desert guy on the pillar.

The epileptic daughter running naked through the woods with her friends.

THE GODDAMN GOAT SACRIFICE IN THE RESTAURANT.

And the "Perfect Strangers" brick joke.

Let the bad times roll...

For a show that struggled to get renewed last year, I thought it was pretty bold to go with that opening. I mean. I know that's what Lindelof is famous for by welcoming you back through disorientation, but that opening prologue really had me worried about what bleakness I was in for the rest of the episode.

Thankfully, it was fairly toned down afterwards. Many questions.

I watched the first episode of NARCOS. It was cool but it felt like I was watching BLOW.  I understand it's just an introductory so maybe it will improve and set itself apart.

This is so much better than Blow that's not even funny. Blow didn't even have the balls to make Jordi Molla's character CARLOS FUCKING LEHDER. I believe it was Ebert who basically asked why would you make a movie about George Jung when Lehder is infinitely more interesting person.

In that sense, that's my only gripe with Narcos through the six episodes I've watch. They kinda simplified Lehder's story to focus more on the Ochoas, Gaucha, and Pablo's cousin. If they wanted to, they could've spent an entire season on Lehder's operation at Norman's Cay. Instead of Murphy, they could use the professor who actually tried to get Lehder off the island.

If you don't love episode three (which is by far my favorite so far), then it's probably not the show for you. This is basically the History channel bio they did on Escobar YEARS ago but in docudrama form. Thank God they got real, professional actors instead doing what AMC did with that NY Mafia show. That was basically organized crime for dummies, but with the added touch of mangling history and awful acting.