DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Wrestling Observer Radio was just hilarious with Dave talking about how impressed he was with "Impact's new set".

how-to-tips-professional-green-screen.pn

Dave is just old timey that way.  He also refers to cable networks as "stations," which is both quaint and maddening in equal parts.  Still not as bad as Alvarez asking the same mailbag questions on shows a week apart.  I knew the answer verbatim.  Is it concussions or just laziness?  Yes, Bryan hosts like 10 shows a week, but the lack of effort he puts into prepping for any of them is embarrassing.

• Like 2

Where are the pictures of the Divas wearing their hijabs?

That is a very particular fetish you have there.

Pretty sure they all got left home.  Remember that time when RVD was the only person with balls and told the WWE to fuck off when they wanted him for a tour of the middle east.  

That was for an Iraq show wasn't it? Bit of a difference between that and a tour of Saudi Arabia.

I asked this on another forum but nobody knew. Did the WWF run shows in Apartheid South Africa in the mid-late 80s? I'm sure I remember reading that at some point, but I might be getting confused. American wrestlers certainly worked over there, there was a famous Terry Funk vs Hogan match at Sun City.

• Like 1

Where are the pictures of the Divas wearing their hijabs?

That is a very particular fetish you have there.

Pretty sure they all got left home.  Remember that time when RVD was the only person with balls and told the WWE to fuck off when they wanted him for a tour of the middle east.  

That was for an Iraq show wasn't it? Bit of a difference between that and a tour of Saudi Arabia.

I asked this on another forum but nobody knew. Did the WWF run shows in Apartheid South Africa in the mid-late 80s? I'm sure I remember reading that at some point, but I might be getting confused. American wrestlers certainly worked over there, there was a famous Terry Funk vs Hogan match at Sun City.

The WWF really didn't do international shows during that time since they were running so many shows in North America. Hogan and Andre did shots in New Japan but that deal ended in 85 or 86. They did one or two tours in Australia and New Zealand but only with mid and lower card guys and the shows were run by local promoters. The big international push didn't happen until the early 90's when business in North America slowed down.

The Hogan-Funk match was in 1982 and the big push to boycott Sun City wasn't until around 1984.

Also the Anti-Apartheid movement was seen as far left craziness in the US until about 1987/1988 thanks to Reagan era propaganda. So if Vince would have run shows there he wouldn't have gotten that much flak outside of a article here and there from papers or magazines WWF fans would never read.

• Like 1

In 1988, there was a big Free Nelson Mandela concert in London, televised worldwide, to educate the world about the evils of apartheid. Fox America televised it under the name 'Freedomfest' and removed any mention of anything political, and almost every mention of Mandela himself, from the broadcast.

Is there a way to post pictures from a cell phone in here? (Please forgive my ignorance) I made a road trip to my mom's house and was looking through a WWF magazine I had in a box of stuff I still have here, and there are a couple pictures I'd really like to share. Haha However my mom's life is devoid of technology, so no computer, scanner, etc.

In 1988, there was a big Free Nelson Mandela concert in London, televised worldwide, to educate the world about the evils of apartheid. Fox America televised it under the name 'Freedomfest' and removed any mention of anything political, and almost every mention of Mandela himself, from the broadcast.

I read that as a Full Nelson Mandela contest and imagined it being a Yoko aboard the USS Intrepid style event.

• Like 1