DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

How good was Sting/Flair vs. Funk/Muta? I've heard little about it aside from the fire but that lineup in a cage sounds like pure awesomeness.

I thought it was a really good brawl. I loved the spot where Flair put Funk in the figure  and Sting splashed him (Funk) from the top rope. Halloween Havoc 89 was a great show overall actually. There's an awesome Luger/Pillman match on there too.

11224570_624856344323121_450725080965161

I still don't buy Heyman's line that he has never done cocaine. Here they are inside Studio 54. Hell, there was probably so much cocaine dust in the building you got a contact high walking into it back then.

By 1984, Studio 54 was not Studio 54. I think the original owner was in prison and it was almost a tourist trap.

My friends and I were pretty obsessed with that picture of the whole group of students.  We were sure that one of them was the Black Scorpion.  

If they would have went with Dave Sheldon it would have been true.  He was the one on the ramp when Sting beat the first one (Al Perez) and was unmasked in the big group of dudes that attacked before Ric Flair was unmasked as the real Scorpion.

• Like 2

That was actually a really good podcast episode

I'm surprised people would think otherwise really because they have an incredible amount in common. I hope they do something musically together because of this.

I'm surprised people would think otherwise really because they have an incredible amount in common. I hope they do something musically together because of this.

What do you hate humanity enough to wish for something like that?

• Like 8

The only thing cool that ever came out of Studio 54 was the Ultimate Revenge on Disco concert/video with Venom, Slayer and Exodus. I wonder if Paul had a hand in that...

If you ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you it was his idea. Slayer, Exodus, Venom in the early 80s? I would love to see that video.

The only thing cool that ever came out of Studio 54 was the Ultimate Revenge on Disco concert/video with Venom, Slayer and Exodus. I wonder if Paul had a hand in that...

If you ask him, I'm sure he'll tell you it was his idea. Slayer, Exodus, Venom in the early 80s? I would love to see that video.

Ask and ye shall receive. The stage comments and backstage nonsense are some of the funniest shit I've ever heard in my life, especially Venom trying to explain themselves while completely ripped on Jack. So many great quotes. Gary Holt: "This one's another fast one... but aren't they all?"

• Like 3

What do you hate humanity enough to wish for something like that?

I don't know, perhaps they could have fun making music together, and people might enjoy it. Couldn't be any worse than a guy in his 40's having a enough money to finally fulfill his failed teenage rock fantasies.