DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

STL-area wrestling scene in November:

-Friday 11/6: Pro Wrestling Epic in Brownstown, IL; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Jerseyville, IL
-Saturday 11/7: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO; Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
-Friday 11/13: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL
-Saturday 11/14: St. Louis Anarchy in Alton, IL; Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in Swansea, IL; World League Wrestling in Troy, MO
-Saturday 11/21: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Wood River, IL; Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL
-Saturday 11/28: Dynamo Pro Wrestling in St. Louis, MO(Ready Room); Wrestling Invades America in Swansea, IL; World Powerhouse Wrestling in Collinsville, IL

Diva Dirt is claiming that Cheerleader Mellisa will wear a mask in LU. The idea sounds cool. But there is now a legit question that needs to be asked.

WHY.

DO.

PEOPLE.

KEEP.

PUTTING.

MELISSA.

ANDERSON.

UNDER.

A.

FUCKING.

MASK.

I know, right?

Melissa wears a mask, while Neville's face is out there for the whole world to see.  Has the world gone mad?

Lets think up an all star Dangerous Alliance. You get five slots and a tag team can count as one. What that means is you can include the Original Midnights or Arn and Bobby Eaton, but not two random members. You can also include Brock and Punk. 

My all stars

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Eddie Gilbert

3. The Original Midnight Express

4. Sabu

5.Austin Idol

• Like 1

Lets think up an all star Dangerous Alliance. You get five slots and a tag team can count as one. What that means is you can include the Original Midnights or Arn and Bobby Eaton, but not two random members. You can also include Brock and Punk. 

My all stars

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Eddie Gilbert

3. The Original Midnight Express

4. Sabu

5.Austin Idol

Can I use anyone Paul's managed or was it just Lesnar because if it's anyone:

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Rick Rude

3. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

4. Steve Austin

5. Kurt Angle

If it's just Brock/Punk who weren't a part of the Alliance.

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Rick Rude

3. Steve Austin

4. Arn Anderson/Bobby Eaton

5. Eddie Gilbert

• Like 1

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Rick Rude

3. Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin

4. Steve Austin

5. Kurt Angle

If it's just Brock/Punk who weren't a part of the Alliance.

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Rick Rude

3. Steve Austin

4. Arn Anderson/Bobby Eaton

5. Eddie Gilbert

Anyone he has managed.

I do like your second line up better. 

Not sure if this is the right place:

Listened to Backlunkds interview on WOR with Meltz and Alvarez. Totally mind blowing to me in the sense of him openly talking about his career, not kayfabing a thing and seeming to be normal with some very hardcore old school American values. I only know Backlund from his fued with Bret and the running for President thing and I always thought the guy was just out of his mind and totally off the hinges. He is a pretty weird dude and seems almost like he is frozen in time or something. Or, he's just a machine.

It was funny when Alvarez asked him if he was a fan of MMA because Backlund had referenced a "rear naked choke" once and Backlund responded by saying he thinks MMA is essentially unsafe because guys can do strikes while on the ground and guys who are in the sport 2 years are unable to cut a promo from the damage they take. Meltz was a pro and just moved right on to the next question.

A little slow and weird in some places, but very interesting listen. Check it out if you haven't.

That is a good line up and I can't believe I blanked on Big Show.

Did Heyman manage RVD?  I know he was in his corner at the ppv vs Cena, but past that RVD seemed to be on his own,

The only thing that kept me from using Rick Rude is I associate him more as a member of the Heenan Family.