DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

One Man Gang on Facebook is fun.  In the last couple of days, he posted info about his payoffs and why he left certain places.  Among the highlights:

• He made more in the Poffo's ICW than he did in Memphis, where he was after he main evented Mid-South.

• In Mid-South, at his start, he made $1,200 a week.  As he moved up the card, so did his pay.  He recalled making $4,600 in Extravaganza week, which included a $1,500 payday for his tag with Harley against Murdoch and Andre.

• $1,200-$2,000 per week in Mid-Atlantic depending on his spot on the card.

• First tour of All Japan earned him $1,500 per week on a three week tour.  Second Tour was $3,000 per week for a five week tour.  Third tour was $4,000 per week for three weeks.

• CWF paid $1,500 to $2,500 per week

• World Class averaged $2,000-$3,000 per week.  He received $3,000 against Iceman Parsons at the Cotton Bowl, while his Cotton Bowl against Kerry paid $5,500. 

• Back in Mid-South, he started back at $2,000-$3,500 per week but bumped up to $4,000-$6,000 as champ.

• After Crockett bought Mid-South, he was paid $5,000 to drop his belt, as he claims they were worried about him screwing them over, but he had already met with Vince, who told him to drop it.

• In WWF, his paid varied from $2,500-$6,000 per week, depending if he was on the A shows w/ Hogan.  A week on top with Hogan earned him $45,000.

• Average Mania pay offs were $7,000-$10,000.  His short Mania match w/ Bossman at WM VI earned him $15,000.  $7,000-$10,000 were the averages for Survivor Series and SummerSlam as well.

• He left WWF after pay offs got so low that he was going into his savings.  He claims he went home and was not fired.  He claims to have turned down a $8,000 tour of Japan on a call with Pat Patterson.

• WCW in '91, he earned $500-$750 a night but left after refusing to put over PN News in a splash match. 

• In WCW in '95/'96, he was on a per night deal for $750.  He claims Bischoff saw him at an airport and didn't know he worked for WCW.  After he asked for a contract with guaranteed money, they stopped using him.

Fun read, he doesn't seem bitter at all.  He made some really good money at times.  Hard to read on FB, so hopefully my bullet points were a bit easier.

• Like 5

I'm assuming a "splash match" is like a "whoever hits their finisher first wins" stip? (Which technically is every match, I realize.)

Yes, Gang's 747 v. PN News' Broken Record/Rapmaster Splash.

FIFY

• Like 1

Just posting this because I guess this is where it goes.

Adam Rose's sister passed away suddenly recently leaving behind a 7 year old daughter. So Adam set up a GoFundMe page https://www.gofundme.com/kh72hx6a to have some financial support for this niece.

That's terrible.  Isn't that (kinda) why Monty Brown left the business?  His sister died so he decided to raise her kids?

Just posting this because I guess this is where it goes.

Adam Rose's sister passed away suddenly recently leaving behind a 7 year old daughter. So Adam set up a GoFundMe page https://www.gofundme.com/kh72hx6a to have some financial support for this niece.

That's terrible.  Isn't that (kinda) why Monty Brown left the business?  His sister died so he decided to raise her kids?

Yep. I believe he's a personal trainer now.

Aside from Zack Sabre Jr. Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews and Mike Bailey, are there any other British wrestlers that I should check out?

Tyler Bate is 18, super-strong, super-charismatic and an absolute can't miss prospect. Apparently he got massively over at King of Trios this year, and I can see him becoming a big star in the next few years

I watched King of Trios this past weekend and he and Andrews impressed me the most out of all the British guys.  Hard to believe he's only 18.

Aside from Zack Sabre Jr. Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews and Mike Bailey, are there any other British wrestlers that I should check out?

Tyler Bate is 18, super-strong, super-charismatic and an absolute can't miss prospect. Apparently he got massively over at King of Trios this year, and I can see him becoming a big star in the next few years

I watched King of Trios this past weekend and he and Andrews impressed me the most out of all the British guys.  Hard to believe he's only 18.

He's really short though. I'm 6'0", and the top of his head is level with my chin.