DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Regarding ADR, the best part of his return for WWE is getting to weaken 2 promotions, at least one of which was generating positive word of mouth and is about to start shooting its second season. Taking Del Rio off LU TV, while not consequential in terms of their title picture, does take a small bite out of their credibility. 

• Like 1

Was reading a Hulk Hogan interview in the Metro earlier today.

He vociferously denied he was a racist. Then endorsed Donald Trump for President in the exact next paragraph.

His PR strategy seems a little bit dubious, to be honest. 

• Like 2

Regarding ADR, the best part of his return for WWE is getting to weaken 2 promotions, at least one of which was generating positive word of mouth and is about to start shooting its second season. Taking Del Rio off LU TV, while not consequential in terms of their title picture, does take a small bite out of their credibility. 

Lucha Underground wasn't going to use him again anyway.  Supposedly he was too difficult to deal with.

Looks probable Rey Mysterio will be brought in for season 2.  Not really looking forward to Rey replacing Prince Puma as lead babyface.

Was reading a Hulk Hogan interview in the Metro earlier today.

He vociferously denied he was a racist. Then endorsed Donald Trump for President in the exact next paragraph.

His PR strategy seems a little bit dubious, to be honest. 

It's all good.  When Hogan retells this story in five years, Donald Trump will be black.

• Like 1

Aside from Zack Sabre Jr. Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews and Mike Bailey, are there any other British wrestlers that I should check out?

I just mentioned this in the BOLA thread a few days ago, but I totally recommend getting a subscription to Progress Wrestling's subscription service. For $7.99 a month you get access to all the shows they've had so far and you can cancel any time. I just subscibed this month and I'm already completely hooked.

If you want names, Marty Scurll, Dave Mastiff and Damian O'Connor are some that are worth checking out.

• Like 1

Aside from Zack Sabre Jr. Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews and Mike Bailey, are there any other British wrestlers that I should check out?

I could quite honestly type an essay here, but to cut it short:

Martin Kirby is one of the best all-rounders in the UK. He can be a great comedic face, a snivelling heel or a vicious nut job, and he's great at all three

Tyler Bate is 18, super-strong, super-charismatic and an absolute can't miss prospect. Apparently he got massively over at King of Trios this year, and I can see him becoming a big star in the next few years

Stixx has been pretty much one of the best big men in the UK for the last few years. Had some great matches with Steen, Strong, Jigsaw etc, and also runs a really good wrestling school

The Henchmen are personal favourites. Most entertaining tag team in the UK

Wild Boar is everything his name suggest...stocky, dangerous and not especially handsome. He wrestles like a feral creature and is awesome

I watched it on my lunch break, and I too thought WWE should run an angle based on it. Except I was thinking Rhyno. It's always Rhyno.

for some people here it's always Bunkhouse Buck

you need more jordache mom jeans in your life

• Like 2

I legit thought Mike Bailey was from Britian. I don't know why. I think someone told me that he was and I just believed them. I don't actually watch wrestling enough to keep track of this stuff. I also don't care about wrestling enough to do research out of asking people on a message board.

Kris Travis (before he retired), Dave Mastiff, Rampage Brown, Robbie Dynamite, El Ligero.