DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I think that Nikki Bella is one of the most aesthetically pleasing woman they've had on TV ever and even I would rather not see on my TV as much.

I don't even mind her as a worker, frankly, but if you never ever listen to your audience when they want something besides what you want them to want, you're WCW. We all saw that movie...

I think that Nikki Bella is one of the most aesthetically pleasing woman they've had on TV ever and even I would rather not see on my TV as much.

I don't even mind her as a worker, frankly, but if you never ever listen to your audience when they want something besides what you want them to want, you're WCW. We all saw that movie...

Don't say WCW and movie in the same sentence, Vince might hear you and think you want a movie star as World Champion.

• Like 1

Nikki's gotten a lot better in the ring (remember when Brie was the good one?) but I don't need to ever hear her cut a promo ever again.

• Like 1

Don't say WCW and movie in the same sentence, Vince might hear you and think you want a movie star as World Champion.

If it means a WWE version of Ready to Rumble count me in.

• Like 1

Just judging from the fact apparently little girls do view the Bella Twins as role models, it leads to the bigger issue.

Whether or not you think it views poorly or not on the culture, or whether they're talented, that's not the issue- but rather: There's still that unseemly feeling that, by demanding the Horsewomen as the faces of the Divas' division (and usually demanding the Bellas be fired)...shit, does the whole #GiveDivasAChance thing boil down to us REALLY letting NXT neckbeards tell little girls who they can have as their role models?

Just judging from the fact apparently little girls do view the Bella Twins as role models, it leads to the bigger issue.

Whether or not you think it views poorly or not on the culture, or whether they're talented, that's not the issue- but rather: There's still that unseemly feeling that, by demanding the Horsewomen as the faces of the Divas' division (and usually demanding the Bellas be fired)...shit, does the whole #GiveDivasAChance thing boil down to us REALLY letting NXT neckbeards tell little girls who they can have as their role models?

The argument isn't that they should throw Nikki into a volcano, more that they need to find a balance. And frankly, I find NXT neckbeards a bit diminishing and indeed, a bit offensive as a citizen of Brooklyn. Those neckbeards buy tickets, pay for the network and buy merch. Why not try throwing them a bone when what you're doing is producing what it's producing?

I think I saw Alvarez ranting about not even doing Raw recaps on the audio shows anymore, simply because the show has become so redundant.

I thought the gimmick was "we watch so you dont have to" for recaps. So, people who subscribe are paying for that service.

I think I saw Alvarez ranting about not even doing Raw recaps on the audio shows anymore, simply because the show has become so redundant.

I thought the gimmick was "we watch so you dont have to" for recaps. So, people who subscribe are paying for that service.

I think he's just talking about the Bryan and Vinny Show. I'm assuming they would still do it with Meltzer.

My fandom of wrestling itself doesn't waver but I blatantly cherry pick WWE. I never followed Raw or Smackdown weekly even when I had cable. Now that I don't, I have even less impetus to try. The network is my "NXT/the GOOD match from the PPV" service. Meanwhile, youtube and dvd sites keep me in the oldies/Japan stuff.

Look, I understand the business is cyclical, but we are reaching the point where Vince is finally and absolutely out of touch. His shareholders will have to be the ones that tell him because, as we've seen, he doesn't seem to listen to anyone else. Creatively, his product (not Triple H's) is in free fall.

• Like 1

Are we starting to see a backlash against NXT now?

Really, guys?

That's been around for a while now. It usually takes the form of either "NXT fans only like indy/shimmer darlings" or "NXT fans are just trying to get themselves over" the latter usually in response to some chant or other that directly related to what they're seeing in the ring.

Really, guys?

That's been around for a while now. It usually takes the form of either "NXT fans only like indy/shimmer darlings" or "NXT fans are just trying to get themselves over" the latter usually in response to some chant or other that directly related to what they're seeing in the ring.

NXT is the weekly hour of wrestling on tv right now. The haters can, in the parlance of our times, "suck it."

To be fair, Alvarez recaps Raw 3x a week between his shows with Dave, Sempervive, and Vinny.

I don't even know what kind of fan I'm classed as - don't watch shows, don't have network, keep up with news here and there. I'm only really here to talk about the history and nostalgia aspects

if you watch the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, then we have the exact same habits.

I tuned out of wrestling for years in the late aughts and probably missed some really good stuff. It was gradual, but now I'm back in full fan mode, trying to watch as much as I can. Of course, I only watch PPVs live so I can skip around. That probably helps.

I don't even know what kind of fan I'm classed as - don't watch shows, don't have network, keep up with news here and there. I'm only really here to talk about the history and nostalgia aspects

if you watch the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania, then we have the exact same habits.

I watch the Rumble if the opportunity is there but yeah I tend to check in for WrestleMania, mainly for Hall of Fame, and I'll spend most matches bitching about how bland everyone is. I do enjoy Stone Cold and Flair's podcast too

Really, guys?

I've seen this place sour on Daniel Bryan, and there's the suggestion in "Movies & TV" that Guillermo del Toro is not a good director ... We're in bizarro land tonight Maggle!