DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can't believe that shit has gone so bad in WWE that people are salivating over a fucking Carlito return

Carlito's most memorable moment was standing there like a whipped puppy while Ric Flair lit into him for being unmotivated.

• Like 5

As much as they (rightfully) tout their ability to make their own stars, I do feel like having a WWE guy like Alberto in such a prominent role went a long way in getting WWE-only fans interested in LU. And it's not that I don't want to see ADR back in WWE, it's that I know it's a matter of time before his character becomes stagnant and he's JAG

I said that somewhat in jest. I do think - if they're not gonna give it to Ambrose or Owens who could both use the rub - it makes sense to have a big return to take it off Cena and I don't see "Medal" or "Cult of Personality" playing at HIAC, so...

Is it possible that Cena opens the challenge up, for Samoa Joe to come in and take the title, and this be an optimal outcome?

• Like 1

As much as they (rightfully) tout their ability to make their own stars, I do feel like having a WWE guy like Alberto in such a prominent role went a long way in getting WWE-only fans interested in LU. And it's not that I don't want to see ADR back in WWE, it's that I know it's a matter of time before his character becomes stagnant and he's JAG

I said that somewhat in jest. I do think - if they're not gonna give it to Ambrose or Owens who could both use the rub - it makes sense to have a big return to take it off Cena and I don't see "Medal" or "Cult of Personality" playing at HIAC, so...

Is it possible that Cena opens the challenge up, for Samoa Joe to come in and take the title, and this be an optimal outcome?

Is Joe still any good? Not being an ass, I just really haven't seen anything that says "Wow, he should get a massive main roster push".

Is Joe still any good? Not being an ass, I just really haven't seen anything that says "Wow, he should get a massive main roster push".

He's been fun in NXT. Not 2005/2006 fun but he's been entertaining. Joe carries a lot of what he's doing on the back of the bad ass mystique he has. That and a great fan chant.

Joe is still fun to watch. If you're expecting ROH Joe in WWE you will be disappointed but he is capable of having good matches and he has been motivated in his NXT matches

James

Agreed. ROH Joe > NXT Joe > TNA Joe

• Like 1

Joe is still fun to watch. If you're expecting ROH Joe in WWE you will be disappointed but he is capable of having good matches and he has been motivated in his NXT matches

James

-1; your work is missing several hundred > in the last part of the theorem. Otherwise, great job!

• Like 1

James

-1; your work is missing several hundred > in the last part of the theorem. Otherwise, great job!

It should look like this:

ROH Joe > NXT Joe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNA Joe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Penis Face Tattoo Joe

Joe also seems to have gotten himself into pretty good shape (you know, for a 36 year old Samoan, at least), and is moving a lot better and quicker than he has in years. I'm curious to see what he can do now against someone a little closer to his level of talent, instead of the folks in NXT. It's obvious him and Owens were holding back in their one match together because they thought they were going to work a program together.

Joe isn't who he was 10 years ago of course, but I still think he's good enough and would get enough of a reaction to be given some small stint on the main roster.  It's not likely given that they will probably use it to push one of the up and coming guys, but I'd like to see him win the NXT battle royale to get the Royal Rumble spot.  Just seeing him get a chance to mix it up with guys from the main roster would be cool, and he could possibly be given a bigger run on there depending on what type of reaction he gets.

James

It should look like this:

ROH Joe > NXT Joe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TNA Joe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Penis Face Tattoo Joe

... and you nailed the extra credit!  Splendid!

I know I'm a week behind on this, but just checked the New Day segment on that Atlanta show Rippa posted.  The people there knew their stuff and it made for a really fun 5 minutes.

And I tried to access the link for the mini-sleaze thread at work.  It blocked it on the grounds of being tasteless so I guess this has to be good.