DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I get the lack of enthusiasm for Anderson...but in non TNA show in an intimate venue which will probably be a 500+ sold out crowd filled with mostly non smarks, he might put on a good match. Kevin Nash was really great when he came in for a Destiny show a few months ago.

My local indy booked Anderson for two matches in July, and he put in a good shift and got a good reaction from the crowd. I've seen US imports happy to coast by on reputation alone over here (take a bow James Storm), but Anderson worked two good bouts with Martin Kirby and Chris Tyler, and even though he won he still made them look good. I was really pleasantly surprised

Steph would have been great on a show like All That or The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Stephanie seems like the prototypical suburban mom character from every show we've ever watched. It's amazing how he grew from being the bratty princess archetype to now being a suburban mom. 

Cracked.com has another article about wrestling today,  a sort of mini-sleaze thread.

http://www.cracked.com/article_23048_6-berserk-true-stories-pro-wrestling-life-road.html

It seems like someone - presumably Scott - would be dead if the Steiner story were true.

If Sid's version of the scissors story is true, Arn's really a badass.

The most surprising thing about the CW Anderson story is that Corino didn't suggest using two suitcases and pull a hacksaw out of his carry-on bag.

I think we should reevaluate Trish again.  She got to the point where she was "overrated" I guess with all that best of all time stuff but now I think she's underrated. After watching the Rivalries episode I went back and watched some of her work against Steph, Lita and others.  Trish was a good brawler. She brought a lot of intensity to the ring and she took some crazy bumps. She had good athleticism also. She was a good talker, great heel.  Her bitchy promos were awesome, her taunting/facial expressions were great too.

Her and Steph had a ridiculously fun brawl at No Way Out with neither one of them having any type of in-ring experience.  I know at one point Finlay was working with the women but I think if Trish came up in this NXT environment she would have been even better.