DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

There was a weird finish in that match too, where Triple H didn't pin Booker forever after hitting the perigee. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't intentional, he might have thought he hurt himself or something. But still, made Booker look bad.

Going back to the Hardys, just to repeat - those 06-07 matches were MNM were fantastic, showstealer kind of matches. I'd probably say their best. I also remember really digging their series after that with Cade & Murdoch.

Triple H had boring 20-minute promos.  JBL had boring 20-minute promos.  Cena has boring 20-minute promos.  Rollins has boring 20-minute promos. 

It's not just the man. It's the machine.  It's Vince.  It was always Vince. If Triple H thought 20-minute promos were a fucking awesome way to start a TV show..  then why are there hardly any in-ring promos on NXT at all? 

• Like 1

Those Braun Strowman jokes in the RAW/Smackdown threads are the equivalent of Bania basing his entire act around Ovaltine.

Who the fuck is Braun Strowman Pitbull?

Fixed!

(I kept saying that when watching Empire the other night)

James

Well you're sort of not wrong.  Things were going that way -- he had the MitB briefcase -- until he had that injury that screwed up booking, then it turned out he wasn't hurt nearly as bad as he thought he was but, by then, he was written out of the title picture completely.  What a goof.  Don't forget he was going to be revealed as Vince's son, too.  Man, has any wrestler had so much planned for him, only for every last bit of it to fall through?

Edit: I had to look it up to refresh my memory.  He won MitB at Mania 23 and announced he'd be cashing in at Mania 24. They had a year's worth of booking ready to go where he'd be a major focus of the company.  But a week later he thought he'd had a very bad triceps/tendon tear that turned out to just be a hematoma and it all got flushed away.

I get the lack of enthusiasm for Anderson...but in non TNA show in an intimate venue which will probably be a 500+ sold out crowd filled with mostly non smarks, he might put on a good match. Kevin Nash was really great when he came in for a Destiny show a few months ago.