DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Instead-of making Smackdown Divas-only, or giving them Superstars or whatever, how about the first or last hour of Raw?

The divas need the nxt treatment. Put them in a low cost tiny space in front of an an audience who would dig what they are trying to do. 

At this time putting the divas in front of 10,000 plus fans isn't doing anyone any favors. 

Yeah Sasha vs Bayley at Takeover barely got any reaction lol. At this time putting 90% of the main roster in front of comatose audiences isn't doing them any favors either.

• Like 2

I don't think it invalidates anyone's opinions about Triple H the wrestler. I think a lot of fans just have conflicting feelings about him, and still aren't sure how to feel about him. He has a really weird legacy now.

The crazy thing about HHH's backstage perception is that his on-screen dominance from 02-04 looks like Rey Jr's world title reign compared to Cena's decade of destruction.

Regarding people having issues reconciling the Triple H of old who would talk shit on people, hold people down, politic, etc with today's indy-friendly Triple H: people can mellow as they get older, change their opinions and views, etc.  Nobody is static.  Also, his actions and views evolved with his place in the company.  Dude went from a hyper-competitive environment where it benefited his boss to keep him and his coworkers constantly insecure and job-scared to a place where he's a father and a businessman whose position in the company is safe.  What would you expect?

• Like 2

What a horrible slant. The guy sucked up to the top guys, banged the boss' daughter and cheated on his girl. Sure, he's making amends with hardcore fans by his booking of NXT, but to dismiss and whitewash what a POS he was is ridiculous.

I don't know the guy so I'm just giving him the benefit of a doubt, I suppose.  I reserve terms like "piece of shit" for truly vile human beings, though, not for dudes who politicked into a good spot in the world of fake fighting.

Well except for AJ Styles, he's a POS. 

• Like 4

He pulled it down since but Cesaro had a photo on his Instagram account where one of the hashtags was #notacloser. There were a few other hashtags I can't recall off the top of my head but it did strike me as odd since he's usually pretty upbeat regardless of how he's been booked. I guess despite how grateful I imagine he is, everybody has a breaking point and I don't blame him for finally reaching his.

Tell me this sounds off base: WWE gets tired of his passive aggressive little shots, he gets released, he's NJPW Champ about 14 seconds after his non-compete expires, the fans are still stoked for him, root for him during boring matches, they bring him back bigger than ever... And within months are sick of him again and he's back to the midcard.

Show me on the doll where HHH buried you, MADCAP.

mmisc_108_moc.jpg

Yes, because I'm all bunged up at the fact Savior of the New Era was formerly a manipulative asshole, and I pointed out the obvious.  I'm so angry!!! lol

Maybe it's more the Reddit crowd that does this, but are not the Hardyz totally overrated as a tag team?  I can't think of a single non gimmick match they had that was even at the Very Good level.  The TLC and Ladder matches, fine.  They're great spot fests.  But did the Hardyz, during their run that lasted a whole 3 years, ever have any good straight tag matches?

• Like 1

The MNM series was good. I'm fairly sure there were some good regular matches against E/C too, but I can't name specifics off the top of my head. Maybe the first 4 matches of their best of 5 before the ladder match, or No Way Out 2000. They also had a fun 3 on 2 match with Michael Hayes against the Acolytes if that counts.

Edit: Can't remember if they had a regular tag with the 2-man power trip. I know they did an intergender 6-person with Steph and Lita that was super hot on Raw not long after Austin turned.

• Like 1

Yeah, they worked very good non-ladder matches with MNM. Also Hardys/Briscoes in OMEGA last year, which I don't recall having that much jibber-jabber and was a pretty straight-up match. Matt was a pretty dang good FIP in that match. 

Yeah, they were a good pair. Both made great FIPs, and Jeff's flashy offense (relatively, and for the time, before flippy indy dudes went crazy) made him a great hot tag. They did plenty of stuff with Edge & Christian before TLC came around that was good.

By the standards of 99-02 WWE, Jeff was a small guy. He looks like Andre when he stands near Austin Aries or Davey Pilchards now though.

Its amazing how the prevailing wisdom on the internet is that HHH, the Executive Vice President of WWE Creative, can't be held responsible for creative blunders.

He really is the cerebral assasin.

He's not VP of Creative, he's VP of Talent, which includes NXT and The Performance Center as talent. He just has input at the Creative meetings with Vince, and sole control of NXT.

Just being accurate.

• Like 1

Trips has insinuated numerous times that he can't be held responsible for the main shows and ultimately the decisions are in Vince's hands, I doubt if he was in a position of creativity he would out right shit on things on Austin's podcast and in other interviews he's done. On Trips' being conniving, the Punk feud from a few years ago where he squashed all Punk's heat then went back into retirement was one the most counter-productive things I've ever seen. That being said if NXT didn't exist I probably wouldn't watch WWE outside of Mania season, so whatever, this is pro wrestling and it's full of dickheads, who cares really.

• Like 1