DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Basically what happened is someone, either Vince or Steph or Dunn, mandated accent reduction classes for the roster, because they want accents to be Sheamus' thing, and only his.

These two spoke up and are in the doghouse for it

• Like 1

Instead-of making Smackdown Divas-only, or giving them Superstars or whatever, how about the first or last hour of Raw?

The divas need the nxt treatment. Put them in a low cost tiny space in front of an an audience who would dig what they are trying to do. 

At this time putting the divas in front of 10,000 plus fans isn't doing anyone any favors. 

Basically what happened is someone, either Vince or Steph or Dunn, mandated accent reduction classes for the roster, because they want accents to be Sheamus' thing, and only his.

The thing about this post is I cannot tell whether it is in jest or not. I mean, you would assume so, but then again...

• Like 5

The thing about this post is I cannot tell whether it is in jest or not. I mean, you would assume so, but then again...

Same here. It sounds so insane and stupid that it's something I could see WWE (or any other tone-deaf business for that matter) doing.

Didn't Paige get into some trouble at a bar a couple months back?

Although I'm sure the real answer is that Paige's losing streak is supposed to fuel her jealousy heel turn and Cesaro's just in "creative has nothing for you" hell, but that's not very exciting.

Truth be told, the last series of Hasbros was pretty hard to find in the states too, at least in my area of California. They were down to one peg at most stores and would just be multiples of one Smoking Gunn

One of the smartest things I did as a kid was buy the entire green card line of Hasbros and kept them in the package. I sold the whole set for $500.

Edit: As for accents, a pet peeve when viewing 1984-1985 WWF TV is Vince referring to it as the World Rustling Federation. You're trying too hard, bro.

Truth be told, the last series of Hasbros was pretty hard to find in the states too, at least in my area of California. They were down to one peg at most stores and would just be multiples of one Smoking Gunn

One of the smartest things I did as a kid was buy the entire green card line of Hasbros and kept them in the package. I sold the whole set for $500.

Edit: As for accents, a pet peeve when viewing 1984-1985 WWF TV is Vince referring to it as the World Rustling Federation. You're trying too hard, bro.

Maybe Vince hates the word "wrestling" because his natural inclination is still to say it as "rasslin"

Instead-of making Smackdown Divas-only, or giving them Superstars or whatever, how about the first or last hour of Raw?

The divas need the nxt treatment. Put them in a low cost tiny space in front of an an audience who would dig what they are trying to do. 

At this time putting the divas in front of 10,000 plus fans isn't doing anyone any favors.

They could call it "Shiny."

If Cesaro is being buried, my guess is that it's because Vince has a bug up his ass about Austin talking up Cesaro in regard to how they're badly booking him and Cesaro not being as over post-TJ injury because, you know, it always works wonders for someone's popularity to pull them off of TV, unless it's to be made to look like a fool. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cesaro caught heat for TJ's injury too just because of how little sense it would make.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryback getting buried in the immediate future considering his tweets about Cena's merch.

- Final question was on Gabe Sapolsky and the relationship there between Dragon Gate USA & Evolve, specifically Johnny Gargano's recent appearance, and whether they are a feeder system for NXT. HHH says he sees all of it as a feeder system, he really like what they do, and wants to support their shows. He said if he didn't have room at the P.C. for talent and wanted them to get additional work, he'd send them to Gabe. He said the indie undercurrents are healthy for the business, and would do anything he could for them.

HHH, shit on by the internet for years, actively trying to help the indies...weird.

• Like 3

I'm genuinely curious as to why he doesn't ask for his release so he can go to New Japan or back to ROH, because it's pretty clear he'll never get pushed higher than he already has. Vince's big talking point during the Austin podcast was that Cesaro wasn't connecting with fans. But then Cesaro went out and got over, and they still didn't want to do shit with him.

I'm genuinely curious as to why he doesn't ask for his release so he can go to New Japan or back to ROH, because it's pretty clear he'll never get pushed higher than he already has. Vince's big talking point during the Austin podcast was that Cesaro wasn't connecting with fans. But then Cesaro went out and got over, and they still didn't want to do shit with him.

Perhaps he enjoys making a decent living not killing himself and being close to his significant other? Also, I'm sure if he stays in the WWE he will eventually have a cushy road agent or training gig. Dude is set for a long time.

• Like 3

1. Money

2. Significant other has important and increasing role in company

3. Useful for PR even if booked crappily

Im no wwf fan, but i dont know quick i would willingly give up job security because of a bad push.

• Like 1