DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Rey Misterio beat PJ Black & Ricochet last night in Mississauga, ON to become the new Destiny Wrestling champion! I couldn't make the show but I heard the match was pretty epic. And they did 500+ attendance...another sellout crowd.

Rey Misterio beat PJ Black & Ricochet last night in Mississauga, ON to become the new Destiny Wrestling champion! I couldn't make the show but I heard the match was pretty epic. And they did 500+ attendance...another sellout crowd.

Dixie would put a bullet between the eyes of the endangered mountain gorilla if it meant drawing 500 people.

Don't fucking call them dolls

I have been buying them since before I could talk. they're dolls. 

You not being to talk until after being able to buy things is strange, but has no baring on this whatsoever

i have been making an effort to be less angry and aggressive. So I will try explain my previous post in greater detail and hope you simply have problems with basic reading comprehension.

I have been collecting wrestling dolls/figures/totems since I was a very small child. So small I could not even talk. 

Hopefully this clarifies things for you. . 

Don't fucking call them dolls

I have been buying them since before I could talk. they're dolls. 

You not being to talk until after being able to buy things is strange, but has no baring on this whatsoever

i have been making an effort to be less angry and aggressive. So I will try explain my previous post in greater detail and hope you simply have problems with basic reading comprehension.

I have been collecting wrestling dolls/figures/totems since I was a very small child. So small I could not even talk. 

Hopefully this clarifies things for you. . 

Oh, I knew what I meant, I was just fucking with you like all of us do with each other on this board in good fun.

The term action figure was coined in 1964 and the first wrestling figures I had were in 1984 still using that term despite being immobile hunks of rubber.  

Were there any wrestling toys prior to the 1984 LJN WWF stuff?  I feel like there should have been something but don't recall ever hearing about that stuff.  Mego wrestlers would have been tremendous, but there wasn't really a national license that would have worked before they died (I have some Mego-style luchadores that came out way later- but they fucked up the articulation and gave them He-Man sort of arms almost).

Speaking of the aforementioned Rey/Ricochet/Black match, how's this for a contrived Davey-esque spot?

https://instagram.com/p/8aBy_LSm-J/

You know, I think it would have looked cooler if the person with the phone was anywhere but directly behind PJ Black and showing him just standing there doing nothing the whole time.  At least argue with the ref or fans or something.

Those figures, a two pack of Sting and Warrior makes sense (although it's a Past, Present Future thing, suggesting that it's a historical wrestler anda current one, even though the two very much contemporaries), a two pack of Cena and Austin makes sense. Pillman and Ambrose, though? If it was Loose Cannon Pillman fair enough, they're similar, but it's Bengals tights Flyin' Brian.

I know they're both from Cincinatti. I don't think that that's that big a deal.