DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2015 ANIMATED GIFS

Part of that is flexibility but part is just that all she had on the ground is her arms. Her upper body rolls back with the rest of her, so she's not bent any more than she was in the normal crab.

stop ruining wrestling

Charlotte's Figure Eight makes no sense. The idea behind a figure four is that the bent leg's shin is forced down, putting pressure on the straight leg and hyperextending it. Lifting the legs up in the air like that relieves the pressure on the leg.

Part of that is flexibility but part is just that all she had on the ground is her arms. Her upper body rolls back with the rest of her, so she's not bent any more than she was in the normal crab.

stop ruining wrestling

Missing a drop kick wouldn't hurt anymore than hitting a drop kick as you still have to fall to the mat from the height you jumped to, successful kick or not.

stop ruining wrestling

Missing a drop kick wouldn't hurt anymore than hitting a drop kick as you still have to fall to the mat from the height you jumped to, successful kick or not.

Hitting the dropkick is a controlled movement that would allow you to prepare for the landing. Missing one probably comes as a surprise, throws your gyros off, and causes you to land more wildly - and possibly harder. 

ENJOY THAT SOMEWHAT CONVOLUTED AND UNCONVINCING EXPLANATION says six-year-old Smelly McUgly.

• Like 1

stop ruining wrestling

Charlotte's Figure Eight makes no sense. The idea behind a figure four is that the bent leg's shin is forced down, putting pressure on the straight leg and hyperextending it. Lifting the legs up in the air like that relieves the pressure on the leg.

tumblr_nvyafhy8DF1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nvyafhy8DF1sj4xr4o2_500.gif

stop ruining wrestling

Hitting the dropkick is a controlled movement that would allow you to prepare for the landing. Missing one probably comes as a surprise, throws your gyros off, and causes you to land more wildly - and possibly harder. 

ENJOY THAT SOMEWHAT CONVOLUTED AND UNCONVINCING EXPLANATION says six-year-old Smelly McUgly.

This was also my rationalization for it - you're prepared for how you'll land on a completed move, not on an incomplete one.

• Like 1

stop ruining wrestling

tumblr_nvyafhy8DF1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

tumblr_nvyafhy8DF1sj4xr4o2_500.gif

People who sell the legs on any variation of a Boston Crab are doing it wrong. The leg is bending normally. You're supposed to sell the back.*

(*I'll give a pass if your quadricep is torn)

• Like 1

Scott Keith used to complain about people putting the figure four on the wrong leg. I emailed him to ask him how isn't the figure four supposed to attack multiple points, and he responded with the Gordon Solie line about attacking seven different points of the lower anatomy. So I asked him, isn't it therefore impossible to put it on the wrong leg? When it clearly damages both legs?

He didn't get back to me. He still hasn't got back to me, and it's been over a decade. But I'm sure he'll think of an answer one day.

He didn't stop complaining about people putting it on the wrong leg though. I stopped reading stuff he wrote soon after.

• Like 3