DVDVR Message Board

WWE booking as magical school girl anime

T.Rex-n-effeckx

I think what you're trying to say is that they need to book The Corporation as Dump Matsumoto's Atrocious Alliance and Bryan as Chigusa and Kane as Lioness Asuka. Maybe Mark Henry can be Devil Masami.

This will work, only if they have a title vs beard match leading to little Jimmys crying in the stands as HHH and Orton shave off Bryan's beard.

I think I'd be more into this if it was "WWE booking as a Shonen Jump fighting anime". 

Plus, Randy Orton has now been booked like Majin Vegeta. Daniel Bryan is also being booked like teenage Gohan. While John Cena's going through brand new training that will make him the strongest WWE Superstar alive so he can save Daniel Bryan's ass, and defeat Triple H(who's now in his secret 4th form) once and for all.

• Like 1

I think what you're trying to say is that they need to book The Corporation as Dump Matsumoto's Atrocious Alliance and Bryan as Chigusa and Kane as Lioness Asuka. Maybe Mark Henry can be Devil Masami.

This will work, only if they have a title vs beard match leading to little Jimmys crying in the stands as HHH and Orton shave off Bryan's beard.

Using the joshi examples may have confused things a bit.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about anime/manga to now what all the set roles of different girls are called, and am more familiar with the joshi.

Yes in joshi, the same roles have been used in wrestling successfully before.

And I kind of wish that WWE was booked more like that, I  would also enjoy WWE more if Kane was as talented as Asuka, and HHH was anywhere near as talented as Crane Yu. But that's not the case.Part of my point was that current WWE is kind of like magical school girl anime or maybe just shoji school anime in general, where the story is driven more by the relationships (and those relationships are not necessarily hierarchical-one can be princely or protective without being A1 to A2 native in a traditional wrestling sense) and less by the mischief maker antagonists.

I guess I could see Daniel Bryan as Kenichi, with Orton as Odin and Triple H as the Great Sage Fist...which means Bryan needs to go out into the woods for extra special training with Master Shawn Michaels.

Actually the idea of Bryan beating Orton by mimicking the styles of his trainers (which, according to always-reliable Wikipedia includes WIlliam Regal, Tracey Smothers, and Masato Tanaka) is pretty fucking awesome and is something someone in wrestling really should rip off from Kenichi at some point.

Well, shit thanks a ton for posting this.  Going through the blog damn there's some great stuff on there.  If WWE did an anime her drawing it would be pretty damn nifty.

Oh, and I'm partial to this one of Savage and Liz:

http://sailorswayze.tumblr.com/post/52363391447/i-dont-have-a-good-excuse-its-2am-and-i-just-have

• 2 years later...