DVDVR Message Board

"Toothbrush Rape"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/tonya-cooley-real-world-lawsuit-rape_n_2011953.html

That's basically the reason why they're off. They don't make enough money from the Challenges for it to be worth the trouble it could open them up to in court. Evan works in Canadian television and Kenny does all of those online and other MTv hosting gigs.

Hopefully their t-shirt and bobblehead empire will carry them through for the next ten years.

MTV/Bunim-Murray's basic defense of that was "She was asking for it",

Posted Image

I don't know, I would never count Camila out.  She is about as fierce of a competitor as there is on this show.  Remember her trying to climb that wall after Big Easy quit?  She is a monster, Jemmye on the otherhand is horrible. 

Jemmye/Camila beat Diem/Aneesa largely due to Jemmye actually being smart enough to figure out how to lift the rope.I mean yeah she's dumb as shit, but clearly clever in right context.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/the-challenge-renewed-by-mtv-for-25th-season-exclusive-1200691255/

More challenge coming soon, should start filming pretty soon too.  With a 54% spike from last year, we should be getting at least a couple more seasons.  I hope it is either a Duel, Battle of the Sexes, or Fresh Meat. 

• 3 weeks later...

Watched an episode of Big Tips Texas and have never been as uncomfortable watching a reality show as everyone appeared to have legit diagnosable intellectual disabilities. One girl looks to be a downsy Carol Kane, one appears to have Turner syndrome. They said they were near Fort Worth which is big enough town there shouldn't be this much inbreeding... But felt really uncomfortable, like none of these people actually should be allowed to sign releases to be filmed.

I tried watching Big Tips Texas (although that's not what I call it), and I made it about five minutes. I think people really underestimate how tight a ship MTv runs with 'The Challenge', because that show at least allows me to fool myself into thinking that some of it is real. That cast is trained, and know exactly what to do or say. It's basically like old wrestling vs. the current state --

The Challenge kids are just coaxed into going in certain directions (via booze or other cast members stirring the pot), and the majority of these other reality shows are so scripted that you can tell that 95% of the scenes involve an amateur trying to act out a script. It's embarrassing, and because the reality pool is so deluded you have to have more of a reliance on regular people acting, which is obviously a recipe for disaster. Then you add in that most of these shows are skewed so negatively, to create a conflict, and it just becomes numbing to watch.

I still remember when Abe's fight on his season of Road Rules was a big deal, or that first season of 'The Bad Girls Club' when it was shocking to see a blackout drunk run through a house punching people (as opposed to the sh*tshow that it became). Now, it's all about branding and story producers trying to keep the show going for as long as possible by doing what every other reality show does - with a further and further deluded talent pool of people to choose from.

http://youtu.be/RkKnWo9b_LY

On that note, the B-Team season of 'The Challenge' is currently filming.

http://vevmo.com/f266/the-challenge-fall-2013-cast-8052/

(Negative points for them using an enhanced photo of Big Easy, and not just one of how he normally looks)

This show must definitely be safe, in terms of avoiding cancellation, because there is nothing inspiring about that cast. It's CT, Laurel, a bunch of jobbers and the regular band of misfits (Johnny, Frank, Zach, Cara Maria, Camila, Jonna and Jasmine). I had read rumors that MTv was "calling everyone" who had ever done a Challenge, but that was also around the time I heard that the show might be ending soon. Hopefully they've come up with an interesting format.

I just want Laurel/Emily/Evelyn to run roughshod over all of their girls one of these seasons...

I tried watching Big Tips Texas (although that's not what I call it), and I made it about five minutes. I think people really underestimate how tight a ship MTv runs with 'The Challenge', because that show at least allows me to fool myself into thinking that some of it is real. That cast is trained, and know exactly what to do or say. It's basically like old wrestling vs. the current state --

The Challenge kids are just coaxed into going in certain directions (via booze or other cast members stirring the pot), and the majority of these other reality shows are so scripted that you can tell that 95% of the scenes involve an amateur trying to act out a script. It's embarrassing, and because the reality pool is so deluded you have to have more of a reliance on regular people acting, which is obviously a recipe for disaster. Then you add in that most of these shows are skewed so negatively, to create a conflict, and it just becomes numbing to watch.

I still remember when Abe's fight on his season of Road Rules was a big deal, or that first season of 'The Bad Girls Club' when it was shocking to see a blackout drunk run through a house punching people (as opposed to the sh*tshow that it became). Now, it's all about branding and story producers trying to keep the show going for as long as possible by doing what every other reality show does - with a further and further deluded talent pool of people to choose from.

http://youtu.be/RkKnWo9b_LY

On that note, the B-Team season of 'The Challenge' is currently filming.

http://vevmo.com/f266/the-challenge-fall-2013-cast-8052/

(Negative points for them using an enhanced photo of Big Easy, and not just one of how he normally looks)

This show must definitely be safe, in terms of avoiding cancellation, because there is nothing inspiring about that cast. It's CT, Laurel, a bunch of jobbers and the regular band of misfits (Johnny, Frank, Zach, Cara Maria, Camila, Jonna and Jasmine). I had read rumors that MTv was "calling everyone" who had ever done a Challenge, but that was also around the time I heard that the show might be ending soon. Hopefully they've come up with an interesting format.

I just want Laurel/Emily/Evelyn to run roughshod over all of their girls one of these seasons...

Wait, how is this a B season?  This is a pretty strong cast except for putting Laurel against these girls is like putting LeBron on a middle school team.  With that said, we don't know the format and she has never won anything so nothing is guaranteed. 

Other thoughts...

Wasn't Emily from Cancun banned for life for spoiling her previous season on Twitter?

Am I the only one who follows this show closely enough to know whether someone has been banned for life?

Aneesa sucks as a competitor, but she is absolute gold describing all the bull shit that goes on in the house.  She is basically the color commentator for the show.  I understand why people don't want to see her compete, but that is not what she is there for. She is there because when something crazy goes on and they need a voiceover she always brings it.

Will Nia live up to the amount of crazy that she displayed on her Real World season?  I didn't watch her season, but she apparently got into multiple fist fights, never wore pants, and wrote a book about gold digging money from athletes.  We could have an all timer here guys.

Who will Laurel make cry this season?  She is the world's meanest person and eventually she is going to try to make someone commit suicide.  My money is on Devyn.

This "Wait Til Next Year" show about the horrible football team from Lincoln Park, Michigan is especially interesting to me since that's the high school I graduated from.  Credit to the production crew for making the high school and the neighborhoods look way, way less shitty than they are in reality.

• 2 weeks later...

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/13/real-world-29-exes/

So The Real World has decided to make a change that could really turn it into The Challenge Farm System.  They have decided to not only have the usual 7 strangers living in a house, but they've decided to bring in their exes.  This is either going to be great or fucking horrible, but I'm more excited about this next season than I have been in a long ass time. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm 2 minutes into the latest Challenge episode and I've just come to terms with the fact that Nany is the neediest person in the world.

Or it's a ploy for screen time. There is a reason she is seemingly on every challenge. The Bananas hook up is suspect, and her crying over him just screams work.

Yeah, except that she has one of the most troubled upbringings of anyone in the history of this show.  Her neediness most likely isn't a front.  She is the daughter of a crack addict, who never met her dad, and is a domestic abuse survivor...Johnny being fairly nice to her probably means more to her emotionally than we can comprehend. 

I'm 2 minutes into the latest Challenge episode and I've just come to terms with the fact that Nany is the neediest person in the world.

Or it's a ploy for screen time. There is a reason she is seemingly on every challenge. The Bananas hook up is suspect, and her crying over him just screams work.

Yeah, except that she has one of the most troubled upbringings of anyone in the history of this show.  Her neediness most likely isn't a front.  She is the daughter of a crack addict, who never met her dad, and is a domestic abuse survivor...Johnny being fairly nice to her probably means more to her emotionally than we can comprehend. 

Poor Cohutta

df5939c0-d258-0131-f058-2a9e1643ff5b.png

Am I crazy or were the last two episodes some of the hardest tv to watch of all time.  Last week when CT was worried about Diem was way rougher than I expected.  Say what you want about CT, but he loved that woman more than anything, and he was visibly shaken to his core worried about her. I'm not the overly emotional type, but I may or may not have changed the channel when they showed her in the helicopter.   Knight's final send off wasn't nearly as emotional...until he said, "but we'll still be friends," when they had their exit interview.  Then they had that aftershow where Jemmye and Preston, the two people who had the most reason to hate him, explained how much the legit loved him.  Basically he was the kid in class who picked on everyone, but was somehow endearing.  It sounds ridiculous, but these people have been in my life for a very long time and watching their last challenge affected me like I actually knew them.  I swear Diem's "I'm ready to live life" speech was like the opening of Up, it just tore my heart to shreds in a way I could not even imagine was possible before it happened. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Jay, are you crying?"  TJ seems like the worst person in the world to disappoint, he just berates them until they have a complete and total understanding of how much he hates them. 

Doing all that running after projectile vomiting can't be good for you.  I know every time I throw up I feel like I'm dying, and the last thin I'd do is run or bike up and down mountains.