DVDVR Message Board

Here is every FCC complaint about Miley twerking on the VMA's.  

http://deadspin.com/every-fcc-complaint-about-miley-cyruss-vma-twerking-1308269452?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

"I was watching the VMA's with my family...."

No, you weren't. 

I was really excited to see them going to Tokyo, looked like something completely different happening.  When they got jacked from the bus, I instantly created an alternate scenario.  I could see them actually planning on doing some crazy scavenger hunt in Tokyo.  But, (spoilered just in case)

Then some producer said, "Shit, Camila's last name is Nakagawa, she probably knows some Japanese."  Then they had to come up with a backup final mission, since they never expected Jemmye and Camila in the final.

Send them to Fukushima Prefecture, and this time TJ says he isn't messing around.

EDIT: I also thought of a way to change up the typical Challenge finale. Instead of doing the giant run for the finale, I think it would be pretty rad to do a live finale in front of a large crowd/audience. The competitors then need to compete in the most grueling challenges, duels, whatever. Regardless of the points totals, you must finish each event to cash in to the prize money. If you drop out due to fatigue or injury, you get nothing except for your show money. If one of the three teams drops out, the prize total increases for the remaining two. If another team drops out, the surviving team wins all of the prize money.

Either that, or, you do away with the live audience idea and still do a taping, but instead of the marathon run, you compete in an endless amount of events until one team is left standing. In this scenario, you stick with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place money and what you get depends on when you drop out. The 3rd place team also gets to receive the disappointed father talk from TJ.

I was really excited to see them going to Tokyo, looked like something completely different happening.  When they got jacked from the bus, I instantly created an alternate scenario.  I could see them actually planning on doing some crazy scavenger hunt in Tokyo.  But, (spoilered just in case)

Then some producer said, "Shit, Camila's last name is Nakagawa, she probably knows some Japanese."  Then they had to come up with a backup final mission, since they never expected Jemmye and Camila in the final.

I don't know, I would never count Camila out.  She is about as fierce of a competitor as there is on this show.  Remember her trying to climb that wall after Big Easy quit?  She is a monster, Jemmye on the otherhand is horrible. 

Edit:Just heard an interview with Camila on a podcast, couldn't have come off better.  She said that her and Jemmye were probably going to come in last, but you could tell that it really hurt her that she didn't have a chance to compete until the end of the final.  She said that the Diem's breakdown and backstabbing before the final Jungle was worse than what they showed, but didn't seem to have any hard feelings.  She also revealed that her alliance with CT and Wes was stronger than her alliance with Johnny.  She basically said that CT and Wes, despite their reputations, generally stay true to their words while Johnny will sell out anyone to stay in the house.  The agreement was that CT and Wes wouldn't vote for their #1 team 1st, their #2 team, which was Camila and Jemmye next, and then everyone else fell where they would. I think that proves that Cara Maria/Cooke were their #1 team despite the edit. 

Diem and Anessa lost, because Diem is quietly terrible at everything.  Aneesa basically did 100% of the sawing, while Diem complained.  Camila is shorter than Diem and had no problem sawing, but Diem somehow couldn't manage.  The right team won.  By the way, how strong is CT that he picked up Diem from that platform which was about 4-5 feet off the ground?

I think the six teams that are left are the best six all around teams.  All of the teams are flawed, but they all have a legit chance. 

It's amazing how poor Cara Maria swims.  It's not that she can't swim, she is just fucking horrible at it.  With that said, a mile long swim is absolutely no joke, and I would have probably drowned.  Marlon can't swim well either, but he wasn't that far behind everyone else.

Those puzzles showed a lot about how the teams communicate, which could be telling going forward.  Cara and Cooke are both good athletes, and seem to work well together, but Emily and Paula are better athletes and their teamwork has cost them wins in the last challenge and with last nights puzzle.  Johnny and Frank are going to be doomed if they have to work together to win, those guys can't seem to communicate at all.  I would love to see Marlon and Jordan beat them to the boat, Frank and Johnny bother the shit out of me.  For two people who have never really liked each other, Wes and CT seem to work really well together.

Did anyone watch The Shit They Should Have Shown? I swear between Nany, Aneesa, Marlon, and Frank there are no such thing as inibitions.  Johnny comes off a the biggest douche in the world, he is constantly joking on everyone, but can't handle anyone joking on him.  He also needs constant attention, but tries to call out everyone else for being attention whores.  He literally tried to say Cara Maria going off by herself to draw in the sand(with a nice booty revealing bikini on) while everyone else was drinking and acting retarded trying to get attention.  He just totally ignored the fact that he had to get in front of everyone to draw attention to himself making fun of her.  Emily came off fairly terrible too, her acting like she was offended that Cara Maria didn't promote the Crossfit lifestyle was about as douchey of a thing I can think of.  Why do she care that Cara has other interests?  I may be in love with Cara Maria, sorry something about a woman who seems sweet, but a little crazy that does it for me.  I don't know if I think Paula is pathetic or if I'm kind of jealous of her.  She is 32 years old(so am I), her job is talent at Bunim/Murray(I have to sit in an office all day), she travels the world, drinks, and wears no clothes professionally...yep, I'm jealous. 

CT & Wes flew through that puzzle. I was shocked. Emily is a great competitor, but man is she dull. The world needs a Ev vs. Em match up. Emily probably is more athletic, but Evlyn was basically good at everything ever. 

Keep in mind Emily's history. There's a reason why she's this dull. It's amazing she isn't completely off her rocker.

BTW, what in the hell was Paula wearing in the "Shit They Should Have Shown" show? Paula, please, stop. You're the same age as me and my sister in-law, who just turned 50, looks younger than you. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20736557,00.html

OK, I'm someone who takes psychological/emotional issues really seriously, but there are multiple things here that make me a wee bit skeptical.  First of all I'd like to say that anyone sending anyone on any of these shows hate mail has issues way deeper than anything Diem is suffering from, and the person who sent out her address should be locked up.  The issue I really have with this whole thing is that she didn't do anything I would even vaguely consider crazy on this show.  She did exactly what every person who thinks they are in control of the game does when they get put into an elimination.  The same exact thing would have happened if Paula/Emily, Johnny/Frank, CT/Wes, or countless others would have been voted into the Jungle.  Her character wasn't transformed, she actually did all of those things.  Whether or not she felt like she was being herself are kind of irrelevant, especially since this type of thing is somethint that happens every single season.  It is terrible that she has been treated poorly by the trolls, and her repeated bouts with cancer are incredibly sad, but blaming the edit is part of the reason people don't like her.  She is a reality TV star who seems to think she is above all of the reality TV trappings that these shows are designed to exploit.  The fact that she repeatedly comes on the show proves that she isn't above any of these things.  On a show that essentially about the drunken escapades of a bunch of unemployable 20 somethings, her acting like she is better than them makes her look like an asshole. 

Eh. I think she's just tired of the emotional battle. It seems like she was on a lot of drugs. If that's true makes MTV look bad (I mean does it even matter? how the hell does MTV get away with exploiting people still?). 

A train wreck but awesome. Frank got what he deserved. Dude loves talking shit on everybody on a personal level, well maybe you better watch your mouth now. 

I agree 100%.  Everyone else talks shit about each other, but he takes that shit to a whole other level.  Frank has talked about Nany's herion addict sister, Jemmye's uglyness, and CT's B.O., and finally someone decided to do something about his constant shit talk.  The funny thing is that none of the other cast members seem to go personal with their arguements.  Johnny and Cara Maria clearly hate each other's guts, but they don't go around talking shit about each other (I am interested as to what it is about, they wouldn't even look at each other). 

Diem clearly doesn't understand why people think she is fake.  She never takes responsibility for any of her actions.  She makes out with CT, doesn't remember.  She gets upset because she made it all the way to the final elimination and has to go to the Jungle, she is menopausal.  She writes a rap about Nany, not to her recollection.  People think she is fake, because she is fake.  Unless she is an innocent, forgetful, menopausal, robot, she is the fakest person on the show.  Unfakest person on the show...either Jemmye or Aneesa.  I don't think either of them have ever bit their tongue in their entire lives.

That eating part of the final was hard to watch.  The amount of vomit that came out of CT and Cara Maria was unbelievable.  How is it healthy to go on a run after evacuating their stomachs repeatedly.  Don't you need something on your stomach just to fuel yourself through this grueling race?  Am I the only one who was surprised that CT was the only one able to do the math problem?  There are a lot of things I would suspect CT of being good at, geometry is fairly low on the list.  Cooke being the only one to realize that they didn't have to do math was pretty smart.  I was rooting for Cooke/My baby's mamaCara Maria all season, but the combination of weak stomachs, weak arms, and Cara Maria's weak will doomed them.  Paula is willing to eat anything, Emily was just shoveling that shit into her mouth and she just took it all down.  They deserved the win.

Eh. I think she's just tired of the emotional battle. It seems like she was on a lot of drugs. If that's true makes MTV look bad (I mean does it even matter? how the hell does MTV get away with exploiting people still?). 

Because you'll watch it.

In my lifetime I have witnessed:

*5 New York Yankees World Series wins

*4 LeBron James wins (2 NBA Finals; 2 Olympics)

*2 Wes Challenge wins

As soon as I saw that Johnny (aka: 'Bananas'; aka: 'CT's Backpack'; aka: 'Beer Gut') and 'Prone-to-Melting-Down' Frank made the final, I knew victory was at-hand.

Loved the flashback to the original Duel (YOU'RE DONE! YOU'RE DONE!). 

Because Comcast Xfinity X1 is a piece of shit, the Challenge finale and reunion didn't record, even though it clearly shows that it is set for a series recording and it high up on the recording priorities list. Whatever. What was it that happened to Frank during the reunion show?

Knight and Frank were in THE HOT SEAT, with Emily/Cara. The topic was Twitter beefs. Knight was being really weird. He wouldn't look at Frank and kept rambling about what a POS Frank is, for what Frank said to Jemmye. It wasn't clear as to if Frank said something derogatory about her on Twitter, or if it was what Frank said on the show to her. Either way, Knight appeared to be drunk off of his ass or it was staged*, because after his insults to Frank didn't land (YOU'RE A WAITER! No, I'm a grad student) - he stood up, and did that open-handed push/slap thing to Frank's face, which they are now allowed to do and not get booted off of the show. Knight got carted off by security and was not seen again. Frank stormed off, but came back a few segments later looking like he had been crying.

It was a great nostalgia moment - very reminiscent of late-90's Jerry Springer.

The subsequent Frank/Jemmye interactions were weird. To me, it came off like she was extremely pissed about it, but Frank kept saying "we're past it and we're fine now." Something was said, as the credits were starting to roll, but there were too many people talking at once for me to figure out what it was. According to Jemmye's Twitter she's accepted Frank's apology and moved on. She also inferred that some people were on some kind of drugs last night. I assume she's referring to Knight, and likely CT.

Those kids, live, is not a good idea. Sounds better in theory than in practice.

*That open-handed slap the only reason I think it could have possibly been staged - I don't know why he wouldn't have just decked the guy. Frank wasn't covering up, he pretty much just sat there and took it until Wes and security jumped in to stop it.

I have a theory that the slap face push thing vs a closed fist punch to the face is related to the show rules on violence. Like maybe if Knight bloodies up his nose with a punch he might not be invited back to the show. I saw this because you see the slap thing in most of these fights.

The eating gross stuff never fails to be really gross but I gotta say I love that they make them do that. Especially in the final when they can't just quit.

CT is a changed man for sure. He along with Johnny seem to have this "MTV star" thing figured out. I was hoping for him to be going at a Frank for his shit talking but like he sang "Ain't worried bout nuthin" good move for him.

Lastly and most importantly the fashion displayed on the reunion show. What a terribly dressed group of people. I'll just focus on the women for now. It's almost like they got together and tried to find the least flattering outfits. Both Camilla and Emily wore odd shit that created this like muffin top look at various places on their bodies. I'm normally not one to break this shit down but here it was so glaring.

Lastly and most importantly the fashion displayed on the reunion show. What a terribly dressed group of people. I'll just focus on the women for now. It's almost like they got together and tried to find the least flattering outfits. Both Camilla and Emily wore odd shit that created this like muffin top look at various places on their bodies. I'm normally not one to break this shit down but here it was so glaring.

I noticed this too.  I'm not some sort of fashion expert or anything, but some of them just looked downright strange.  Was Jemmye wearing a wig?  I find it hard to beleive they had a stylist make her hair look like that. 

Cara Maria Instagrammed some of her journals that she wrote during the taping.  Apparently Emily has a huge beef that Cara Maria doesn't tweet enough about working out.  She mentioned it on more than one day.  This is the dumbest reason to not like someone I've ever heard. 

On my original post about this, I somehow failed to mention CT's first win.  CT has been a stalwort of this show for about a decade and is probably the most entertaining cast member ever.  He somehow has transformed himself from a violent goon to a fairly thoughtful, kind of, intelligent, reasonably likeable guy. 

The clothing thing is pretty easily explainable: MTv mainly casts white trash.

That's basically the answer for every show - from Teen Mom(s) to Challenge competitors, Jersey Shore guidos and Catfish'd MO-RANS.

It's the worst possible representation of society at every turn. Even their "upscale" shows like 'Laguna Beach' and 'The Hills' featured a lot of trashy people, scumbags and/or drug addicts. It's a different network, but if you watch a few episodes of 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' you'll see that family is also basically just a bunch of trashy weirdos with a lot of money and Kanye West's phone number.

You have to be a particular brand of crazy to want to be on these shows. You also have to lack the discernible talent required to succeed as an actor, but still have the overwhelming ego necessary to believe that you're interesting enough to be followed by cameras.

It's glorious television.

Emily seriously looked humongous during the Reunion. Aneesa pushing Cara Marie away when she tried to comfort Diem made me sick. 

I'm pretty pumped CT got his first W. Does anybody know the theme for next season? I'd like to see a Dual. 

And we know Emily has a nice body it was that horrible outfit. The waist was so high.

The guys were hardly better. I have no clue what CT was going for with that shirt thing but it wasn't matching. And Preston. I gotta say if I was gay I would be offended by his act. It's so played out in 2013.

Wes was on the Grantland/Right Reasons podcast.

He gives an overview of some of the backstage happenings with the Challenge, but nothing too in depth.

He thinks that the show should be geared more toward athletics, since there are now so many athletes on MTv's roster (he names Casey, Big Easy, Knight and Preston as people who have no right doing anything athletic). Said most of the daily challenges were too easy, and that the finale was the easiest one he's been a part of (he's done four). He mostly stays in touch with the males from the Austin cast and B-RAD. Thinks Johnny/Evan/Kenny are idiots - the latter two only created an issue with him because it got them so much more camera time.

I thought it was interesting how MTv edited the body bag portion of the finale. Apparently each team had to move 30 bags, instead of 20, and when they finished they had to bring all 30 back to the starting point. He said it took at least two hours to complete that leg.

I mean how much can they really show in an hour. I don't get why the did change the number though. Does anybody know about Kenny/Evan not being able to the challenges anymore? I've heard of behind the scene "sexual" in nature law suits. I loved Wes's diss to them that he had a t shirt company in high school. 

"Toothbrush Rape"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/24/tonya-cooley-real-world-lawsuit-rape_n_2011953.html

That's basically the reason why they're off. They don't make enough money from the Challenges for it to be worth the trouble it could open them up to in court. Evan works in Canadian television and Kenny does all of those online and other MTv hosting gigs.

Hopefully their t-shirt and bobblehead empire will carry them through for the next ten years.

Wes was on the Grantland/Right Reasons podcast.

I thought it was interesting how MTv edited the body bag portion of the finale. Apparently each team had to move 30 bags, instead of 20, and when they finished they had to bring all 30 back to the starting point. He said it took at least two hours to complete that leg.

Yeah, that had to suck especially after the repeated projectile vomiting.  I've heard from either Cooke or Cara Maria's twitter that the body bags weighed over 100 lbs, and everyone's hands were bleeding by the time they finished.  This is a recurring theme for final challenges though, apparently on the last couple they edited out whole events for TV, which would piss me off if I had to do some ridiculously grueling thing that they didn't even bother to show.