DVDVR Message Board

Poor, poor Jonna. She NEEDS all the money she can make. Frank really looked like a puss just going along with Johnny. The other thing I liked about Frank was how he kept calling the rookies "kids." If you remember Alton calling him a "kid" last season enraged Frank. It's that lack of self awareness that makes this show great.

How phoney does the Wes/CT vs Johnny argufight look?

Speaking of looks good god is Paula gross. HD is not her friend.

Jonna is the Queen of getting bounced right at the end. She's got good enough relationships to keep herself protected for most of the game, but she can never get over the hump.

Rivals: Last Female team eliminated before final challenge.

Seasons: Last team eliminated before final challenge.

Rivals II:  Second-to-last Female team eliminated before final challenge.

She's 0-3 in elimination rounds, so she's as close to a guaranteed out as Tyrie (0-4-1*) is.

*He left the show for family reasons before he could be beaten.

I love the irony of Cara Maria, who is into all kinds of freaky BDSM crap, panicking in water that you can nearly stand up in. That event also showed that Diem and Aneesa will probably make it to the finals, but will get trounced. They just don't work well as a team, Aneesa is about as worthless as Robin when it comes to the finals, and there's no way she can carry Diem to victory. This is still Paula and Emily's season to lose and I'm shocked at Paula smoking Emily to the finish line.

Frank is such a liability for Johnny and Wes still doesn't look like he gives a crap, so I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Marlon and Jordan take 1st place. Frank's breakdown of the "kids" was such a weird, meta moment for this show too. It was like he spoke for the majority of the viewing audience, especially when it came to describing Jemmye.

Nothing was quite as good as Johnny describing Camila as a criminal on Cops who is hopped up on angel dust and it takes 3 cops to hold him down.

The most underrated person this year has to be Knight.  He's been meh in the past, to  me, but stepped it up this season.  He manages to start some crazy shit every episode and wander off then has a line in the interview that just cracks me up.  Like the part this week where he said he hoped Preston got bitten by a shark.

Yeah, Knight has turned me into a fan. I hope he never does another season with Jemmye, though. You can tell he's at least giving some kind of a effort since he's dragged Preston along this far.

Does Frank understand that he is also a rookie?  That dude seems like he is reasonably smart, but completely delusional.  Why the fuck would any of these people have loyalty to him any way?  I don't get it.

Jemmye is truly the single least attractive woman in the history of the show.  She looks like she can't complete a thought and talks like she has been sipping on sizzurp.  I would be happy if she was never invited back.

Camila is a crazy person, and I love her for it.  She seems like the type of woman who would fuck your brains out, but you would be scared shitless in every other part of your relationship.  I'm trying to figure out whether or not I would risk a stabbing to have sex with her...fuck it why not.

I understand why people are giving Cara Maria shit for her lack of swimming skills, but that current looked pretty strong.  Two male teams didn't even finish. 

Why didn't Johnny and Frank just throw their vote away so Frank didn't have to break his word to Jonna.  Nany and Jonna already had enough votes, why didn't they just say Diem and Aneesa?

Once again, the team of Cara Maria/Cooke is the only team that can possibly compete with Emily/Paula.  Jonna and Nany were both clueless about how to win this game.  Just constantly swinging the whole time is going to do nothing but make your arm tired which is going to make it harder to break that stick when you actually are close enough to hit someone.  Cooke and Cara didn't swing until they were close enough and swung like they meant it. 

How many episodes are left?  I think the final will be really good. 

I think Johnny/Frank was a case of creative editing, because if you look at the couch - Wes/CT started the vote and Knight/Preston were on the other end of the couch, which would imply that Knight/Preston would have voted last.

Johnny/Frank would have voted third, since they seem to just go straight down the couch, which actually makes them look worse because they were the ones that put the dagger in (making it 2-1) as opposed to how it was edited (Johnny/Frank could have created a tie). But, you gotta have those commercial break cliffhangers somehow, I guess.

But, you gotta have those 14 commercial break cliffhangers somehow, I guess.

Fixed this part for you. Wednesday was the first time in a long time that I watched The Challenge as it aired instead of off the DVR. It's annoying enough to constantly fast forward through commercial breaks on the DVR, but watching it as it aired was like pulling teeth.

Decent Challenge tonight. Suprised by lack of hits in the Challenge. I was really hoping for CT to attempt murder on Preston. Wes might not be as ripped anymore, but he seems more healthy. I like their chances. 

Wes' physique change this year is startling. The only thing I can come up with is that he's either off the 'roids or he's taken up long-distance running.

That showdown with Johnny Bananas was classic Wes though - it made me remember why I liked him so much to begin with. Plus, for the first time ever on a Challenge, he finally has competent back-up.

Those two blowing everyone away in that Guy's Challenge warmed my nostalgic heart.

Johnny's selective memory of Challenge history was interesting though - Wes won The Duel, so he knows what it takes to finish a finale, and CT would have won one also if not for that walking sack of crap named Big EZ flopping around like a beached whale.

I think the lack of hits comes down to everyone liking each other and knowing each other well enough to not to want to blast them. CT blasting Preston would be entertaining but prob not a good look mauling the gay dude. Preston really is one of my least favorite people ever on the show. He loses in the jungle and he's wearing some sparkly top hat for his exit speech. Ugh.

Those vet teams should be scared of the rookies in the finals. Jordan, one hand and all, seems like the best athlete there.

they didn't show CT single handily carrying his johnny bananas backpack. That is still my all-time favorite challenge memory. 

My favorite Challenge moment was shown on an After Show (Wes carrying 150 lbs. worth of bags *and* Casey on the beach during the final challenge). I can't find it on YouTube, so I'll just go with this, which is a good indicator of how the whole Fresh Meat season went:

Jacoby is the worst reality show expert ever. So he fits right in with Bill Simmons' site.

I'm probably really spoiled by how good Meltzer's memory is, because Jacoby doesn't remember anything that happened more than a week ago.

He does forget everything, but, I like the podcast. Did you hear the pod that they did with Frank? It ended up being deleted cause of stuff Frank said (drug use on the show, ect. ) Pretty crazy how much Frank hates CT. 

I remember wanting to listen to that podcast when it first posted, but I was buried with work for a few weeks and ended up forgetting about it. Now it's been scrubbed from the interwebs. This is not the first time my workload has screwed me out of something.

Emily and Cara Maria had a little Twitter spat this week, apparently. No clue what started it, as Emily deleted all her Tweets, but the rumor I read was that she took umbrage with some off-handed comment Cara Maria made about CrossFit. Friggin' kids...

Twitter is such a godsend. I never use it, but I love all of the sh*t it stirs up.

Also, I can't state this as fact, but everything I'm reading strongly implies that Bananas' goal in life is to be a real-life Wooderson. He has no job, and other than the occasional club gig, the Challenge money is his sole means of income. His future is Mark Long. Only he's a shorter, uglier and chubbier version of Mark, and I know that's not going to fly on a network so caught up in youth/looks. Guarantee he ends up in rehab or has health-related complications from Challenge-enhancing drugs someday.

I just hope he donates his liver to Chris Nowinski's Sports Legacy Institute for research.

Yeah, when Wes said Johnny's mom still paid his rent, and Johnny said nothing I kinda figured he's not the best with money/income. I'm pretty sure I have that Frank pod somewhere. I'll try to upload it somewhere later. 

Yeah, there are a few of these guys that I'm almost certain don't have a job.  Johnny is high on the list as is Paula.  Most of the people who are employed are personal trainers, which is why they can just take a few weeks off and show up for these things.  The funny thing is that sometimes you can tell when people show up for a quick paycheck before they have to get back to work.  Remember the last time Evan showed up and was fat and lost in the first elimination?  What about when Vinny showed up basically because he was homeless?  This is a group of fuck ups of the highest order, and that is kind of what makes it fun. 

Wow...I totally forgot about Evan. It's like he dropped off the face of the Challenges, or is he involved in that lawsuit?

Some of the more popular people all have the same job though, which is to make party and club appearances where at the very least, they'll get paid about $1,000 a night and have all of their drinks paid. I think Johnny also has a stake in Kenny's t-shirt company, whatever that's worth anyway. So, I'm sure Johnny is doing fine right now, but he doesn't strike me as someone who has mapped out a plan for himself. As for everyone else, I mean, does Jemmye strike anyone as a successful person?

God I hate Diem.  Seriously this show is full of fake ass people, playing to the cameras, but she is truly loathsome.  Let's review why she is the world's worst human being.  Diem isn't a good competitor, she never wins anything and then cries when people notice.  She claims that Cooke and Cara Maria don't deserve to be there when they won the challenge and have won multiple Jungles.  Diem told CT and Wes that if they go into the jungle they want to go against the tougher team, then claims acts like she is being betrayed when they do so.  (CT and Cara Maria are legit really good friends.  They are both from Boston, they work out together, and see each other basically every day.  CT and Diem pretty much only see each other on these shows.  I don't know why I know why I know so much about these people.)  She claimed that Cooke is the first person in her life that she has not liked.  Really Diem, what about Shauvon?  Aneesa?  Robin? She tried to act like Jemmye saying tht CT is sleeping around with the whole cast is some sort of surprise, when he has been doing it right in front of her.  Everyone acting like CT has done Diem wrong in their past encounters when she wasn't there for him when his brother died...her excuse...career first.  She is horrible, and I can't stand her.  I hope she can finally stay healthy, and hopefully come back for more challenges just to watch her lose in devastating ways. 

I hope Camila and Jemmye beat their asses, based purely on the fact that they didn't spend a single second begging people for votes.  I don't know why Marlon and Jordan didn't vote them Emily/Paula in when they lost all dignity and started crying about not going to the Jungle.  That would have guaranteed them to go in if I was voting, I refuse to deal with women who try to start crying to manipulate me.  Camila and Jemmye's drama was all based on the fact that they just spent the first part of the episode talking about how they had each others backs and then watching the rest of their alliance going around begging to get them thrown into the Jungle.  Camila is like a wild animal that gets rabies in eliminations and starts mauling bitches. 

I hope Cooke and Cara Maria win the whole thing, they are the team I've wanted to have a threesome with been rooting for all season long.  Cooke is a professional athlete and Cara Maria is far more athletic than she gets credit for.  Emily and Paula are really good, but as we seen tonight, they aren't very smart.  The game is going to be an endurance race with random puzzles in between, Emily/Paula can outrun them, but I have no confidence in them solving any puzzles. 

I was fine with Jordan's reason for not voting Emily/Paula in (they won almost every single challenge this year). It's a rare instance when performance actually mattered, as opposed to the cliche voting excuse of, "It's just your turn to go in." But, I think Jordan and Emily are close anyway, if I had to guess what the real reason for the vote was (he was asked about her on that After-Buzz show).

Not really sure who will get bounced next week, but I'm leaning toward it being Diem/Aneesa. Diem has some sort of knee issue, so I don't know how that is going to affect her in a contest where she's supporting herself from a rope with her knees. It doesn't really matter anyway - whichever team wins is just competing for the right to come in last and be the "COME ON - DON'T QUIT ON ME" team. Jemmye or Aneesa will gas out immediately in that final challenge. I think Camila screaming at Jemmye would be funny, whereas Diem screaming at Aneesa wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable to watch.

I went 5/6. If only Vegas took odds on this show. They really need to go back to the format where the person who gets voted in gets to pick who they compete against (like in the original Duel).

Emily & Paula
Aneesa & Diem
Camila & Jemmye
Cara Maria & Cooke
Jonna & Nany

CT & Wes
Frank & Johnny
Jordan & Marlon
Leroy & Ty
Knight & Preston

Fucking previews shown by MTV are the WORST at spoiling the results of the pre-finals duel/jungle/whatever. Only thing as bad as that is when the final commercial break of the finale congratulations the winners of the competition before that is actually shown during the fucking show. That said, I'm really disappointed at the team that wins the final Jungle.