DVDVR Message Board

And ultimately, it's Johnny's game to lose. With Wes channeling Chet's physique and athleticism, along with Dunbar's personality, I think Frank winds up being the stronger partner between those two teams. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jordan and Marlon snuck in there, though. Aside from the blow up with Marlon, that team, along with Johnny, have been fairly quiet this season as far as screen time goes. It always feels like the less you're on TV, the more likely you are to go to the finals.

They didn't eliminate a girls team, because Trischelle and Sarah had to leave.  Trey and Zach on the other hand just got fucked on a technicality.  They were one of the best teams, but they're gone while Knight and Preston are just chilling.  With that said, I'm not really sad that they're gone.  Zach is a dick, and not even an entertaining shit stirring dick like Knight(is anyone surprised that that Knight was the one giving him stuff to break).  He just seems to be unable to behave like a fucking adult, but somehow be completely uninteresting while doing it.  At least when CT freaks out there is a sense of danger, when Zach does it just seems dumb.

Theresa and Nany are dumb, there is a reason that they don't have any influence in the game.  They decided to throw their vote away, but instead of picking Knight and Preston who don't have the influence to hold it against them.  They picked their biggest allies in the house.  They picked the one team that they knew would never vote for them.  As long as Cara Maria and Cooke are in the house, all they had to do was keep their heads down and not come in last.  They decide to rock the boat, good thing Theresa knows how to smooth over a situation.

This seemed like a back to zero episode where everything that happened before last night kind of doesn't matter any more.  Despite Theresa and Nany making a huge mistake, Diem put a target on her back by immediately jumping on it and voting for Leeroy and Ty.  If Cara Maria and Cooke can somehow get a win, Diem and Anessa might be in trouble.  The vacuum that would be created without Cara and Cooke being the default vote could be very interesting.  Cara/Cooke, Theresa/Jasmine, and Nany/Jonna could make a huge power play if they can put Diem/Aneesa in the Jungle. With Theresa sleeping with Leroy and Jonna hooking up with Jordan, the numbers game is really close.  If they are smart...hmm nevermind they are going to fuck this very easy math up.

I gotta say I love this well thought out breakdown. I'll add that I think they gave Cooke a replacement partner cause Naomi left due to a family emergency. Trishelle just quit. I'd guess that's the reason they didn't give Sarah a replacement.

That Hills alternate ending would have been a lot better three years ago - even though I know LC was dating Grover from 'House Arrest' at the time, and I'm pretty sure that Brody was with Avril Lavigne. Although with Brody you never know - he's living the dream every single day.

The elimination last night really showed how much is missed in editing. Unless Theresa yelling at Diem and nubby led to the entire house turning on her, there had to of been something else going on because just about everyone hated her all of a sudden.

Now, since some people in that house can't do simple math, let's try to figure out which three teams of each gender are going to the final (pending unforeseen challenge losses sending someone directly into the jungle):

Emily & Paula
Aneesa & Diem
Camila & Jemmye
Cara Maria & Cooke
Jonna & Nany

CT & Wes
Frank & Johnny
Jordan & Marlon
Leroy & Ty
Knight & Preston

I think the 3rd and 4th team, on either side, could flip spots and be out. Wes/CT and Frank/Johnny appear to have an unspoken Veteran allegiance, even after that first week (and whatever awesome fight they're going to have on a future episode), which also includes Diem/Aneesa and Emily/Paula.

I think Knight/Preston are going in both times, as are Cara Maria/Cooke. So the likelihood of them losing one is much higher.

I have zero confidence in Jonna in an elimination, and Ty has always been useless and is really dragging Leroy down. I think Leroy's allegiance to Theresa is going to burn him now that she's gone and her rivals (Wes/Diem) are left.

Obvious picks, but those usually win out on this show.

The elimination last night really showed how much is missed in editing. Unless Theresa yelling at Diem and nubby led to the entire house turning on her, there had to of been something else going on because just about everyone hated her all of a sudden.

Now, since some people in that house can't do simple math, let's try to figure out which three teams of each gender are going to the final (pending unforeseen challenge losses sending someone directly into the jungle):

Emily & Paula
Aneesa & Diem
Camila & Jemmye
Cara Maria & Cooke
Jonna & Nany

CT & Wes
Frank & Johnny
Jordan & Marlon
Leroy & Ty
Knight & Preston

The most ridiculous part about this episode is that Jordan & Marlon could have changed the numbers game to get one of the veteran teams out.  The preview shows that they eventually get into a elimination, which based on their previous performances probably means they're getting voted in.  The alliances in the house are very apparent, between Camila, Paula and Diem they will never vote against Johnny and CT, the only way to make sure they won't get voted in is by making sure they don't have enough numbers to vote themin.  Seriously Jonna is not voting for Jordan, and Cara Maria/Cooke will basically vote for anyone to make sure they don't go into every Jungle.  They should have known as soon as Johnny tried to convince them to go with the status quo they should have done the opposite.  They are playing into their own demise. 

Jasmine is quielty one of the worst competitors in the history of the show.  The amount of stupidity she shows during the trivia/question challenges seems almost impossible. Why the hell is she throwing two and three balls at a time at Theresa?  That is an even dumber way to get eliminated than last week.  How did she expect that to work?

Cara and Cooke are the only team that can compete with Emily and Paula at anything, but because everyone else is dumb, they are doomed.  If Marlon and Jordan voted like smart people, Cara/Cooke would have walked into the final.  Aneesa has proven time and time again that she can't possibly finish a final.  I don't think Camila can carry Jemmye to a final, and Jonna and Nany can't beat them either. 

OK, let's go ahead and have a DVDVR Challenge Questions:

Best Body Part remaining?

hmm...for someone who weighs about 75 lbs. Diem has a pretty nice rack.  I'll go with that, but Camila does have that Brazillian booty.

Fakest cast member?

Diem by miles and miles. She acts like everything is personal attack, while doing worse to everyone else.  That is the game, but she makes my skin crawl sometimes.

Who needs the most attention?

Jonna, has she ever not fallen deeply in love with someone? 

Most likely arrested for indecent exposure?

Paula, seriously this is the first season I don't remember her ending up naked.

Most annoying habit?

Knight living life.(for the record, I find it very entertaining0

Trashiest girl?

Aneesa, especially since she probably still has some Trischelle remnants on her from that forearm shiver.

Best body?

I'm partial to both Cooke and Cara Maria, but I'll accept any answer but Jemmye. 

Sexiest person in the house?

I'm just going to say that Cara Maria doesn't seem like she would do much saying of the word "no" and leave it at that.

I was also pretty suprised Jordan/Marlon didn't vote for the Diem team. You laid out the case perfectly. I hope they are the last team eliminated from the finals.

Preston really is the worst, just terrible at everything. It seems like Knight is about to blow up on him and its overdue at this point.

I can't wait to see this big, possibly worked, fight coming up. Since he banged that rookie girl CT has just been lying back maintaining his alliences.

I'm not gonna do an impressive list like that mostly because this crop of girls is kinda not so great. I'd say Jonna is the hottest and neediest of them all. I actually watched her season and her story is pretty sad. Very easy to deduce why she is always lookin for love/dick.

I'd love to see Knight/Preston somehow sneak into that 3rd spot in the final for the sheer hilarity of thier attempt.

Preston is pretty awful. I used to think Kaitlynn was the worst, but Preston fails at everything. He's so out of place. He isn't remotely athletic, he doesn't have a big enough mouth to stir shit up, I'm assuming he's nowhere near attractive enough to create any issues with other dudes, none of the girls even want to trust him as a confidant or as a friend, and he's practically invisible to everyone else. The fact that they're still alive speaks to Knight's talents in The Challenge. Every time Preston is on scene though, no one wants to be around him, like he smells like egg salad sandwich farts.

Sadly, the one guy from Preston and Knight's season will probably never be on The Challenge, and that was that hairdresser sociopath that like to stroke people's ears.

These people are retarded.  Jordan and Marlon could have had the numbers in their favor last week by just doing what they said they were going to do in the first place.  Now they are being voted into the jungle, because they can't do basic math.  How do they not understand that this is just a big numbers game that ends in an endurance race.  The smart thing to do as soon as you get into the house is to create an alliance, especially if you aren't in the main veteran alliance.  That way when you or anyone in your alliance wins, you can put two members of the other alliance in.  Every fucking season there is one alliance with the usual suspects and every other person decides they are going to play the game the right way and not play the political games.  It always comes back to bite them in the ass.  Do any of these people watch the show?  You can watch the last few seasons on MTV.com, do some research. 

OK on to the episode...Diem and Anessa are doomed to get to the final and be a disaster.  To her credit, Diem sees it coming, but Aneesa somehow is clueless.  Somehow Anessa sees working out before a crazy endurance race as a big ol' waste of time. 

The actual challenge seemed like the least pleasant challenge ever.  The better you do, the harder you get shocked.  Nany and Jonna had the right idea, by basically quitting without quitting.

The whole Jordan/Frank conflict was stupid.  Jordan shot himself in the foot last week and now wants to act like a bitch when he doesn't have the votes to stay out of the jungle.  Frank who spent the last hour or so making sure his alliance voted for Jordan/Marlon decides it is worth a fight to deny it.  The fact that he was having the conversation approximately 3 feet away from him doesn't matter.  Frank is insane.  Johnny breaking down to Jordan how an obviously simple game works is one of the best moments he's had all season. 

That was a bad ass jungle.  Leroy did absolutely everything he could to get the win, but Ty couldn't get away from Marlon despite of the fact that he was right under the bell.  Marlon played linebacker for Texas Tech, how is it even possible for Leroy to manhandle him like that? 

P.S. I listened to a challenge recap podcast with Jordan and Frank as guests.  Apparently Marlon can squat 700 lbs. and at one point made a point to outlift Zach while smoking.  Leroy has to be strong as an ox to push him around like he did.  It also explains how Ty was unable to get up once Marlon put him on the ground. According to Jordan and Frank there were a lot of wrestling matches between the cast on that night, including a blow off with Frank and Jordan, who are apparently really close.  The one I'm sad we missed is Nany and Emily which became erotic...seriously MTV why are you not showing that.

Ty and Anessa is just strange to me.  Do we need to address what "you can do whatever you want to me" means? For something that seems like it has infinite possibilities, in my experience it only refers to one.  That is all I'm going to say.

Dammit.  I saw this thread title and thought it said "All Purpose MeTv Thread."

I was all set to debate which are the best episodes of EMERGENCY! and PETER GUNN and compare/contrast PERRY MASON and IRONSIDE, complain about how much better the original HAWAII FIVE-0 was than the remake, and see if anyone else thinks RHODA was pretty hot in the right light.

I was all set to debate which are the best episodes of EMERGENCY! and PETER GUNN and compare/contrast PERRY MASON and IRONSIDE, complain about how much better the original HAWAII FIVE-0 was than the remake, and see if anyone else thinks RHODA was pretty hot in the right light.

In this thread we mostly discuss whether 'Get Smart' or 'The Twilight Zone' had the best theme song.

Oh, and Miley Cyrus' coke habit.

In this thread we mostly discuss whether 'Get Smart' or 'The Twilight Zone' had the best theme song.

Oh, and Miley Cyrus' coke habit.

What's weird is that the 2nd part of the theme to WHAT'S HAPPENING!! fits together perfectly with the opening part of the theme to GET SMART.

Screw you all this should be a Challenge only thread.

Those rookies are going to feel pretty stupid when they see the playback of this. That being said I'd like to see them beat the older teams in the final. Those vet teams better find a way to get Knight/ Preston to the final over Jordan/Marlon.

Can a girls team other than Paula/Emily win 1 single challenge? I almost felt like they did that Q&A challenge hoping another team would win.