DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

It's too bad Harry-2 survived.  I could get behind the killing off a Wells every season (only to have Cavanagh reappear the next season as Harrison Wells from another time line). 

I'm guessing HR either dies or gets written out in the new season premiere, but he's grown on me.  They got more mileage out of him than they did Earth 2's Harry.  HR starting to find his place on Earth 1 and growing beyond being comic relief has been unexpectedly endearing.

Wonder how long it will take Barry to remember he got Jay trapped in the speed force.

30 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

so not following the logic on Arrow. 

Yep, he's recruited Merlin, makes sense. Nyssa, not quite, but OK, stretch belief slightly. 

Why on earth Slade rather than Barry/Supergirl/Legends/Bratva/literally anyone else? 

The real answer is because it's not a crossover, but we've had them help each other out before in finale situations so it's not a real out.

Could play it as Barry being occupied with Savitar stuff and thus the timing sucks. Because without STAR Labs, they can't ring up Kara and I don't honestly know how he'd reach the Legends.

But yeah, the logic of superhero comics kinda just walks over here because there's no reason Batman doesn't get Superman to solve like 90% of Gotham villains but that wouldn't be a story.

Yeah, without access to STAR Labs, Team Arrow has no access to the heavy hitters. I'm sure Ollie has a passing idea of what's going on with Barry. Also, remember that the Legends are kinda fucked at the moment.

Supposedly will have no connection to the Arrowverse though I'm not sure how accurate that is since the person who said this also lobbed Supergirl's universe into the Arrowverse shows. Personally, I'm hoping it is on the same Earth as Supergirl. Don't know much about Black Lightning, but the preview is decent enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

so not following the logic on Arrow. 

Yep, he's recruited Merlin, makes sense. Nyssa, not quite, but OK, stretch belief slightly. 

Why on earth Slade rather than Barry/Supergirl/Legends/Bratva/literally anyone else? 

Nyssa makes perfect sense as her and Ollie are on good terms, and if Talia is Chase's heavy hitter, then Nyssa negates it.  Slade is the unexpected element.  No way in hell does Talia or Chase even think that Ollie would let Slade out, and probably don't know he's there.  Now how Ollie and Slade decide to co-exist and what's going to happen after is another story.  

Besides. even if he had the means, Supergirl's a little busy right now too.

Arrow is really best viewed while binge watching, I think. I missed the last 4 episodes and caught up on everything this morning.

I really hate to say this, but I'm kind of glad that Felicity and Oliver are getting back together. I just hope they'll either stick with it for good, or end it again and not go back to it ever. Chase just giving up like he did was kind of weird, but at least he had some sort of "grand plan". But it's still kind of weird to be voluntarily imprisoned just so you can fuck with someone and the people he cares about, then kidnap Oliver's kid just so he can be freed in the end. I suppose they explained that in the previous episode when they said Chase was legit crazy? Because that's a crazy person's idea, for sure.

The bunker episode that was mainly Ollie and Felicity trying to survive was really good, I thought. I also liked how Diggle and Lyla had the same problem Ollie and Felicity have been having. Mr. Terrific was on point in this episode, too. He's actually been really good in these episodes I watched today, pretty funny, which is odd because I usually hate the character. Wild Dog or whatever can just go eat a dick, his storyline is just a bunch of drama trash and it falls flat.

I really like how they set up the season finale, and I honestly forgot Slade Wilson was still alive and on Lian Yu. How long has he been in that prison on the island, I forget? And just who the hell is on the island, giving Slade meals and stuff every day? Have they explained that, ever? If it's been months (years?), and he's went without food or water... dude should be dead, not looking relatively healthy with a beard. But, yeah, I'm excited about Slade's return. Hopefully he's a regular next season or something.

------

I really thought the latest episode of The Flash was the season finale. I'm really surprised they went ahead with the death of Iris. I'm guessing they retcon that somehow in the season finale or next season. I don't see that lasting for some reason. I'm just not really impressed with anything Flash has done for the last handful of episodes. Lyla telling Barry she can't help him with the alien tech because she can't trust him due to all the time travel and fucking up timelines and shit... then turning around 15 minutes later and just letting him walk out of ARGUS with the alien tech. Big meh. They're getting so lazy.

10 minutes ago, Casey said:

And just who the hell is on the island, giving Slade meals and stuff every day? Have they explained that, ever? 

The same dude who goes was going over to STAR Labs and giving their prisoners food, water, and a chance to go bathroom?

At the end of season 2, ARGUS sent Slade to a prison they had built on Lian Yu.  Boomerang also gets sent there in season 3.  Later in season 3, there's an episode where Merlyn sets him free on the island, but Oliver and Thea recapture him, and that's the last we've seen of him until now.

So ARGUS, I guess.

Dug the Supergirl finale. Not sure about that hint for next season. The character they are using was only in one arc for the New52 and then never appeared again. It does at least leave things open for them to get creative.

I think my favourite thing was how over the top it was in establishing that Supergirl beat Superman while he was at 100%. 

"I mean, you might have been weakened a bit."

"Nope! I was at 100%! You absolutely beat me at full power!" 

Multiple times throughout the episode. Like, I'm fine with her beating him but the transparency of the sell was way too funny in a way that made me think of that time the Watcher confirmed Squirrel Girl had beaten the one true Thanos.

3 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I think my favourite thing was how over the top it was in establishing that Supergirl beat Superman while he was at 100%. 

Multiple times throughout the episode. Like, I'm fine with her beating him but the transparency of the sell was way too funny in a way that made me think of that time the Watcher confirmed Squirrel Girl had beaten the one true Thanos.

Except that was played for laughs, this was done completely seriously. Then they also established she's mentally stronger.

Still better than DCEU Superman though.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Except that was played for laughs, this was done completely seriously. Then they also established she's mentally stronger.

Still better than DCEU Superman though.

Yeah. The mentally stronger bit was done well honestly although it may just be Clark being humble. But the clumsiness around the fight was just hilarious.

Honestly? I liked that Clark didn't have an ego about it. He's not mad or jealous. If anything he seems impressed. I wish they had room/license for an 8 episode Superman spinoff or something because Hoechlin is one of the best takes on Superman in years in any medium imo. Effortlessly good but in a way that's immensely likeable due in part to him not being condescending ever. It's a pretty much perfect Superman.

Yeah. He kinda had to take a backseat here, but the earlier two-parter was pretty much the best Superman story in a few years.

I really want a Legion show next though.

For some reason, Mon-el's tiny, tiny ship that looks like a toy makes me laugh.

I wish Mon-el had flown into space and been sucked into a wormhole about 15 episodes earlier.

I'm probably a bad person.

29 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

For some reason, Mon-el's tiny, tiny ship that looks like a toy makes me laugh.

I wish Mon-el had flown into space and been sucked into a wormhole about 15 episodes earlier.

I'm probably a bad person.

So he got over like a lead balloon? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I had a feeling they'd do something like that after the Reactron fight last season and Supes telling Kara that she beat him when Kal never could.