DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Supergirl was a lot of fun and had a bit I verbally cheer-laughed for. 

Lena charges at the villian chick who kicks her .

"Did I mention I'm a black belt?"

Lena cold cocks her and says, all out of breath,

"Did I mention I'm a Luthor?"

I lost my shit. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Supergirl was a lot of fun and had a bit I verbally cheer-laughed for. 

Lena charges at the villian chick who kicks her .

"Did I mention I'm a black belt?"

Lena cold cocks her and says, all out of breath,

"Did I mention I'm a Luthor?"

I lost my shit. :)

That was fucking great.

Spoiler

Something changed though, because Emo-Barry flat out said "I don't know who Savitar is", so this Barry did something different.

And Savitar automatically knowing everything is off, because Emo-Barry didn't remember that his past self time jumped forward.

Can this be the last storyline that Flash tries time travel, as it just gets confusing, and Legends does time travel better.

• Like 1

I started Gotham last weekend, already up to like E8 or E9 in the second season.... I'm really loving it so far. Only bad thing is Fish Mooney and she's kind of just disappeared at this point, thank god.

Also...

Why the hell are Kaitlyn's powers such that it turns her evil?  Like, no other Meta when gaining their power turned evil if they weren't evil to start, yet somehow, Kaitlyn gets ice powers and gains a second personality and turns evil?  Is that actually explained why?

49 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

Also...

Why the hell are Kaitlyn's powers such that it turns her evil?  Like, no other Meta when gaining their power turned evil if they weren't evil to start, yet somehow, Kaitlyn gets ice powers and gains a second personality and turns evil?  Is that actually explained why?

I haven't seen last night yet, but to me, it's that the cold withers her emotional connections. She becomes cold-blooded, maybe even to the point of trying to avoid emotional ties. The problem is that she also becomes a one-dimensional character with no actual goals. It'd be a lot more interesting if she actively wanted anything (other than to not lose her power). Self-preservation alone doesn't really make for an interesting character (even Thawne in LOT s2 had more going for him than that). She exists only as a plot point for everyone else to be bossed around by the big bads, which is not very compelling.