DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

Star City 2046...

So what, Barry and/or Wally were busy the weeks it took El Hijo del Deathstroke to take over the city?

Anyone else annoyed that it wasn't either Rose or Joseph?

Hell, i'm just glad it was Grant. 

The Connor Hawke stuff was weird. It's one of those times where I get what they were doing. They were trying to throw the comic fans a bone, but in doing so, they did it in a way that the comics wouldn't appreciate, while at the same time making something more complex than it should be for the non-comic fans with no upside.

• Like 1

I mean, if Connor wasn't going to bw Ollie's son, having him be

Diggle's

still maintains a lot of the concepts of legacy for him.

See, yeah, I get it. I think the decision is fine. Just, why call him Connor Hawke? That needlessly complicates things for no gain. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I assumed the reason he was

Diggle's

son was because they wanted to tie him to the Green Arrow continuity but still keep the visual of an African-American GA.

Why that character's son would be calling himself "Connor Hawke" in the first place, instead of his given name - which they used in the ep - I'm not sure.

Also:

1) "Oh man, poor Laurel" is a set of words I never expected to pass my lips.

2) Obscure though they are, Heatstroke and Coldsnap seem like the most CW villains ever.  They're desperately in love but can never touch one another, and joined a supervillain team to rob banks and finance depowering, and eventually end up fused into a single entity for maximum pathos.  I know the Deathstorm/Killer Frost "we can never touch anyone but each other" bit is the opposite side of the coin and the closest we'll get, but still.  It's not like the CW to leave THIS much angst on the table.

That ending of last night's Supergirl was great. I'm digging the Alex/Kara/Hank dynamic more than I thought I would and almost wish the show was just about them and their DEO work (although I would also keep Cat and Lucy around). I liked Laura Vandervoort as Indigo but hate that most people watching just assumed she was some Mystique rip off. 

That ending of last night's Supergirl was great. I'm digging the Alex/Kara/Hank dynamic more than I thought I would and almost wish the show was just about them and their DEO work (although I would also keep Cat and Lucy around). I liked Laura Vandervoort as Indigo but hate that most people watching just assumed she was some Mystique rip off. 

"Number 1: Don't call me 'ma'am.' This isn't the Wild West. Number two: We need to circle the wagons!"

They really packed a lot into the final third. Love the tease of a certain group from the future in the FoS.

• 2 weeks later...

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/gotham-renewed-for-season-3-paul-reubens-1201732091/

Gotham was renewed for a third season. 

Has anyone watched it since it came back from the winter break.  I haven't and given that I'm behind on nearly every show I watch, and watching very little tv right now asides from sports, I may decide to not catch up.  Thoughts?

Pee Wee Herman has been cast as Penguin's father. 

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/gotham-renewed-for-season-3-paul-reubens-1201732091/

Gotham was renewed for a third season.

Has anyone watched it since it came back from the winter break. I haven't and given that I'm behind on nearly every show I watch, and watching very little tv right now asides from sports, I may decide to not catch up. Thoughts?

Lori Petty has a funny voice. That is indeed a thought.

But seriously, Edward Meechum as Victor Fries and Michael Bowen's cameo on the Monday's episode have been the highlights so far. The Hugo Strange thing with Penguin is kinda convoluted to say the least and that's slowly becoming the central storyline. They got so many loose ends and nothing is all that compelling.

• Like 1