DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

All these 8 starts are killers for us with putting the kids to bed.

Well at least you aren't horrible parents using winter as an excuse to give the kids a shot of Dimetapp to make them drowsy faster.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In news about super hero stuff being given attention by awards-giving bodies (which seems to be a thing lots of people care about), Watchman is nominated for the Critics' Choice Award for best drama series. Also nominated are Regina King, Tim Blake Nelson, and Jean Smart. 

No Jeremy Irons?

8 minutes ago, The Natural said:

No Jeremy Irons?

No. He'd probably be in the same category as Tim Blake Nelson (supporting actor in a drama series), and expecting multiple nominations in a single category would be pushing it for a super hero show. Irons has been fun as hell, but Nelson's work in the Looking Glass spotlight episode alone gives him the edge.

• Like 2

Irons has been really good, but Blake-Nelson really stands out to me.  Little Fear of Lighting was an amazing character study episode and Tim fucking killed it.

Regina is already coming off of an Oscar win.  Critics Choice award nom for a role in a show about superheroes almost seems like slumming.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I hope The Ray and Lenny got off of Earth-X.

Also FUCK!!! I did NOT see that happening in the first episode. Fuck.

Liked the brief little Titans cameo and fucking ROBERT WUHL.

My reaction was basically the same as the Monitor’s: That was not the ending for him I foresaw.

I’m not caught up on Supergirl, but I’m at the point in my binge watching where the trust between Lena and Supergirl is crumbling due to her kryptonite and the Worldkillers, so seeing the dissension here makes sense. Also, Alex has clearly been through some shit.

11 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Why DID he put down his bow?

I apparently had less context than I thought I did going into this.

She kept making wholly textual inferences. 

It's kind of amazing how much ground they covered. It was still Supergirl-centric but much less show-centric so than other crossovers have been so far.

That was easily one of the best hours of television I have ever watched. I don't know if it's the best, but it's going to be one of the most memorable episodes ever for me. When it ended I wrecked me.

If Lindelof and everyone else sticks the landing next week then this is probably going to be one of the best season's of TV ever.

• Like 2

Oh my God, just read a review for A God Walks Into Abar and I think I know why I love it so much. The reviewer made comparisons to the Constant episode from LOST, another episode I consider about perfect.

Fun fact:  Jack Bender who directed "Constant" and a ton of episodes on LOST also directed "The Door" on Game of Thrones..   Judd has something in common with Hodor..  

Man..  what the fuck..  

I can't do it. I can't really explain how incredible this episode was and to be able to pull this shit off with time paradox and everything that went into it and explain it so beautifully so that everyone watching can understand.  

The final sequence with Angela and the music playing..  it was so badass and so sad all the same.  

• Like 2

One more thing,  not a spoiler but something I immediately thought of..  a theory we've discussed 

I think that damn kid did have the powers of Manhattan all along!  Remember the conversation about transferring of powers/abilities and then how weird the kid has been,  emotionless at points and seemingly building the same structure as Doc on Mars

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

5 hours ago, RandomAct said:

I hope The Ray and Lenny got off of Earth-X.

Also FUCK!!! I did NOT see that happening in the first episode. Fuck.

Liked the brief little Titans cameo and fucking ROBERT WUHL.

There is supposed to be a 100-page giant tie-in by Guggenheim and Woflman that is coming out next Sunday in Walmarts (not sure when for LCS). It cover stuff between the first two episodes and involves characters who didn't make the crossover (the Ray, Felicity, Kid Flash).

That ending was definitely unexpected.

4 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

My reaction was basically the same as the Monitor’s: That was not the ending for him I foresaw.

I’m not caught up on Supergirl, but I’m at the point in my binge watching where the trust between Lena and Supergirl is crumbling due to her kryptonite and the Worldkillers, so seeing the dissension here makes sense. Also, Alex has clearly been through some shit.

Honestly, you probably should just stop and save the rest for DVR. So much happens between where you are now and what is currently happening in the show. 

• Like 1

This might be a weird wish, but you know how every crossover ends with Barry and Ollie having a conversation and reflecting? I hope there is some kinda of flashback with that at the end here, with some poignant topic.

RE: Oliver's bow. He did use the old one as a melee weapon often, before he switched over to using a more traditional looking bow.

55 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

This might be a weird wish, but you know how every crossover ends with Barry and Ollie having a conversation and reflecting? I hope there is some kinda of flashback with that at the end here, with some poignant topic.

I don't think that is a weird wish at all. The two are basically the Batman and Superman of the Arrowverse, and this is the final ride for at least one of them. It would honestly be odd if we didn't get something like that or a nod to it.

Edited by Eivion