DVDVR Message Board

DC TV Thread

goodhelmet

20 hours ago, Bustronaut said:

Veidt's message written with bodies was "Save Me, D"

I'm taking D to mean dad.

Or Doctor (Manhattan) since I am under the impression that the clones are not functioning according to design due to Veidt's cruelty and the liberties he's taken with them during his imprisonment.

They've taken their prime directive "Thou Shalt Not Leave" and gone batshit with it.

Either that or the D stands for for Daughter and the message is aimed at Lady Trieu.

I think that the Clock thing will have something to do with getting Veidt back to earth.  We shall see.

There is not enough love for the eerie IV delivered PSA about the evils and treatment of Nostalgia.

Edited by J.T.

I'm still catching up on some shows like last night's Flash and Black Lightning.  I love the build to Crisis so far but will be curious to see what didn't work on Flash.

All I know is I got me a big ol' TV with all the bells and whistles (setting it up tomorrow though it may be a bit big for the living room) so I can't wait to see Crisis in all its beautiful glory.  I've avoided whatever spoilers I can but the closer it gets the more excited I am about it all.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, D.Z said:

Contains some spoilers.

Seeing Kevin Conroy, the voice I hear whenever I think of Bruce Wayne/Batman playing Bruce Wayne/Batman on screen is a moment Conroy deserves as do the fans. Also good to get Brandom Routh back as Superman as he was dealt a bad hand with Superman Returns (2006).

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:30 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Liza Richardson is the music supervisor. As on the last Lindelof show she worked on, she's to thank for the awesome song choices.

This remains a high point for me, such a great show. Carrie Coon was amazing:

Edited by BurningBeard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

The karaoke scene where Kevin sings Homeward Bound made me cry.

Theroux isn't much of a singer, but he acts that one all the way home. Almost felt like Lindelof and his people looked at the long dream sequences in The Sopranos that so many disliked and made similar content arguably the best part of his show. 

@BurningBeard, I'll see your A-ha and raise with "the Wu-Tang Band."

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

For this to be the final standalone episode of Arrow, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't try to hit more emotional beats. Last year's season finale feels more like how the series should have ended tbh. I am glad that it ended on Lian Yu, and it was cool to see some season 1 callbacks.

I wasn't expecting Supergirl to be the only show this week to have The Monitor actually show up, and now with how that ended, I'm wondering if they kill off J'onn ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

I wasn't expecting Supergirl to be the only show this week to have The Monitor actually show up, and now with how that ended, I'm wondering if they kill off J'onn ?

I can definitely see a big death or two happening considering how big Crisis will be. Really hope it isn't J'onn. He is one of my favorite characters on Supergirl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I can definitely see a big death or two happening considering how big Crisis will be. Really hope it isn't J'onn. He is one of my favorite characters on Supergirl.

Same here, and he's the one they have spent the most time adding more depth to in the last couple of seasons.

I have my "who eats it" theories, and some theories on swerves.

I think we are getting swerved on Ollie.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

Same here, and he's the one they have spent the most time adding more depth to in the last couple of seasons.

I have my "who eats it" theories, and some theories on swerves.

I think we are getting swerved on Ollie.

The ending to last year's future story makes me think Ollie doesn't die so much as get stuck somewhere he can't come back from. 

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

So just to confirm here - it's a 5 parter right?

Is that including Black Lightning? or is one series pulling double duty?

Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow and the Legends season premiere in Jan.  BL is in as a char but not an ep

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

So just to confirm here - it's a 5 parter right?

Is that including Black Lightning? or is one series pulling double duty?

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Supergirl, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow and the Legends season premiere in Jan.  BL is in as a char but not an ep

Its technically a 5-parter though the previews for next week's Black Lightning makes it look like it might be a stealth sixth part with the talk of an alternate universe.